For additional information about volunteering at Genesys, please call the Volunteer Services office at 810-606-5100.
Volunteering at Genesys
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Genesys. It is an important role that complements and supplements our professional staff. Volunteers add the extra dimension of empathy, sensitivity, warmth and friendliness to ease and brighten a patient or family member’s experience at Genesys.
Ascension Genesys Hospital has nearly 400 volunteers who devote more than 45,000 hours of service every year. There are a wide range of volunteer opportunities, including assisting patients, families and guests, providing information, supporting staff, and being a source of encouragement for those who need it.
- Help others
- Make a difference
- Find purpose
- Connect with your community
- Feel involved
- Use your skills in an involved way
- Learn new skills
- Make friends/socialize
Since 1997, volunteers have contributed over $5 million to improving patient care at Genesys. The money raised has gone to programs, equipment and technology that benefit patients, including robotic surgery technology, courtesy shuttle vans, anesthesia machines and new laboratory equipment.
At Ascension Genesys Hospital, we look for men and women who will approach volunteer tasks with an enthusiastic and professional attitude. Because of our patient care focus, we seek individuals who are dependable, compassionate, understanding, have good communication skills and are able to perform all duties in their service area. To be considered, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a high school diploma or GED
- Have an active email
- Commit to at least six months of service
The first step in applying is completing the online application. Genesys Volunteer Services will contact you after your application is reviewed. If selected, you will complete an interview with the director of Volunteer Services.
Additional requirements before volunteering include:
- Passing a background check
- Completing an immunization review
- Attending new volunteer orientation
- Completing the volunteer training program
Current Volunteer Resources
- Volunteer Handbook
- COVID 19 Safety Expectations and Guidelines for Volunteers
- Proper Mask Protocol Flyer
- COVID 19 Expectations Quiz
- Volunteer Annual Safety and Education Quiz