ACCESS THE HOSPITAL VISIT PORTAL
ACCESS THE DOCTOR OFFICE VISIT PORTAL
Signing up for your patient portal
Most locations have two different portals: one is for your hospital visit information, and the other contains information from office visits with your doctor. Follow these steps to sign up:
- To sign up for a portal for your hospital visits, go to any registration desk in your local Ascension hospital. After providing your basic information, you will receive an email with an activation link. Follow the prompts to complete the sign-up process.
- To sign up for a portal for your doctor office visits, call your Ascension Medical Group doctor’s office or simply talk to them when you are there for a visit.
- It only takes a few minutes and four simple steps to set up your personal patient portal, available anytime 24 hours a day, from your computer, tablet or mobile device!
If you have questions, please read our frequently asked questions or call 800-828-8135.
Voicing a patient concern
Patients and families at Ascension Southeast Michigan hospitals have a variety of ways to express their satisfaction and concerns regarding their patient care experience. The individual may:
- Mention any concerns or complaint to a nurse or nurse manager immediately so that the matter can be resolved to your satisfaction.
- Dial “0” for the hospital operator from any hospital phone, who will connect you with a staff member who can help.
- Contact the Patient Relations department through the appropriate hospital operator.
- If an individual has any concerns about patient care and safety in the hospital that the hospital has not addressed, patients are encouraged to contact hospital management.
- The individual also has the right to contact one or more of the following agencies:
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services by calling 1-800-MED-ICARE. For the hearing impaired please dial 1-877-486-2048.
- The State of Michigan, Department of Community Health, Bureau of Health Systems by calling 1-800-882-6006.
- The Joint Commission by calling 1-800-994-6610, 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday, or by visiting http://www.jointcommission.org/
If you are a Medicare Beneficiary and have a quality of care concern, you may call Michigan Peer Review Organization (MPRO) at 1-800-365-5899. If you are currently in the hospital and hearing impaired dial 1-800-365-5899, then dial 0 and ask for the TTY. If you are hearing impaired and at home use TTY dial 711 800-365-5899.