You can have cancer and hope
A cancer diagnosis can be overwhelming. With Ascension Wisconsin Cancer Care, you’re not alone. Upon your diagnosis, you’ll meet with your multispecialty cancer care team, including a care navigator. We'll work with you on a personalized care plan and connect the dots for your care, with a goal of getting you back to home, family and your daily life.
At Ascension Wisconsin Cancer Care, your doctors, nurses and specialty care team are part of an integrated national network of experienced cancer doctors, sharing best practices and the latest in cancer care knowledge and research – bringing the best of oncology to you, close to home.
When you’re going through cancer care, we’re by your side
Every appointment with our experienced and compassionate oncology specialists starts with a conversation. You’ll have face-to-face visits with your doctor, and you’ll have an entire care team dedicated to your care – connecting the dots for you. Your doctor will take the time to answer all your questions — big and small. By getting to know you and working together, you get a care plan that is customized to your needs. And with a plan, comes hope.
Your cancer care team is beside you from diagnosis through recovery. As your care needs change, we are ready to support you. Your care team may include specialists in medical oncology, radiation oncology, surgical oncology and cancer pathology. Together with our oncology-certified nurses, dietitians, rehabilitation therapists, palliative care specialists, social workers, financial advocates and cancer care navigators, we work with you to deliver a care plan that's right for you. We also offer genetic screening, testing and counseling, and Ascension at Home services.
Southeast Wisconsin Cancer Centers
- Ascension All Saints Hospital Cancer Center (Racine, Wisconsin)
- Ascension SE Wisconsin Hospital - Mayfair Road Cancer Care (Wauwatosa, Wisconsin)
- Polly and Bill Van Dyke Cancer Center - Ascension Columbia St. Mary’s Hospital Milwaukee (Milwaukee, Wisconsin)
- Polly and Bill Van Dyke Cancer Center - Ascension Columbia St. Mary’s Hospital Ozaukee (Mequon, Wisconsin)
- Reiman Cancer Center -Ascension Wisconsin Health Center - Rawson Avenue (Franklin, Wisconsin)
- Sherman Cancer Center - Ascension SE Wisconsin Hospital - Elmbrook Campus (Brookfield, Wisconsin)
Northeast Wisconsin Cancer Centers
- Ascension Calumet Hospital Cancer Care (Chilton, Wisconsin)
- Ascension NE Wisconsin - St. Elizabeth Campus Cancer Center (Appleton, Wisconsin)
- Michael D. Wachtel Cancer Center - Ascension NE Wisconsin - Mercy Campus (Oshkosh, Wisconsin)
Stay connected with your personal cancer care team
Along the way, your care may require imaging, lab tests, pharmacy support or other specialists — you do not need to navigate your care alone. Upon your cancer diagnosis, or when you come to us during your cancer care, you’re paired with a cancer care navigator. Your care navigator will help you schedule appointments, connect with other services you need, and answer your questions. No question is too small — when you have a concern or feel unsure, don’t hesitate to talk with your care team.
Ask about virtual care (telehealth or online) appointments as part of your ongoing care. You can have these virtual visits from the comfort of your home. You'll be able to talk with your doctor one-on-one via video from your phone or computer.
Multispecialty oncology care team
Ascension Wisconsin Cancer Care is accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (CoC) as an Integrated Network Cancer Program and the recipient of the American Community Cancer Centers Innovation Award. Our cancer centers in Southeast Wisconsin are also accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC).
Ascension Wisconsin Cancer Care delivers comprehensive lung care. Surgeons and pulmonary medicine doctors deliver advanced lung cancer treatment, targeted medication therapy, minimally invasive surgery and advanced radiation treatment and rehabilitation for chest cancers: non-small cell lung cancer, esophageal cancer, mesotheliomas, thymomas and benign lung nodules.
You can have breast cancer and still be you. At Ascension Wisconsin, you get an experienced team of breast cancer specialists and surgeons who start by getting to know you as a person and work with you on a personalized care plan. Your multispecialty care team delivers breast-conserving surgery options and reconstruction, and targeted therapies to help stop cancer cells from growing.
Colorectal and gastrointestinal (GI) cancer
When you choose Ascension Wisconsin, your specialists will diagnose and treat cancers of the colon and gastrointestinal tract, including hepatobiliary cancers affecting the liver, gallbladder and bile ducts.
Head and neck cancer
Whether you have head or neck cancer, such as mouth, throat, thyroid or a skull-based cancer, your cancer specialists deliver a personalized treatment plan that may include advanced surgical and radiation techniques.
From diagnosis through recovery — medical oncologists provide comprehensive care for blood cancers such as leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma and other blood disorders.
Your women’s health care team takes a compassionate and comprehensive approach to treating gynecological cancers such as uterine cancer, vaginal cancer, cervical cancer and ovarian cancer. Gynecologic oncologists at Ascension Wisconsin offer minimally invasive treatment options and support services personalized for women.
Prostate and male genital cancers
From screenings and diagnosing prostate cancer through treatment and recovery — our team is here to provide the care that's right for you. Urology and kidney health cancer specialists at Ascension Wisconsin also provide advanced care for urologic cancers – bladder, kidney, and urethral cancer.
From skin screenings to help detect precancerous skin cells to advanced care for skin cancer (basal cell, squamous and melanoma), our dermatology specialists provide routine treatment options to advanced surgical care, including Mohs surgery.
Get a second opinion on your cancer diagnosis or care plan
Get the confidence and peace of mind that your doctor and care plan are right for you. It's easy to get a second opinion at Ascension Wisconsin. We can review your medical records and healthcare history to answer your questions and discuss options.
When you are facing a new cancer diagnosis or are deciding on a surgical or therapeutic treatment plan, there’s a lot to think about. Our cancer specialists can provide a second opinion, based on our experience and as part of an integrated national network of care.
Talk with one of our doctors about a personalized care plan. Before your appointment, check with your insurance company to find out if a second opinion is covered. We can request your medical records on your behalf, so that they can be shared with your care team before your arrival.
Benefits of our cancer care approach
When you come to our cancer centers and clinics at Ascension Wisconsin, oncologists and multispecialty care teams deliver comprehensive, innovative and personalized cancer care for the whole you, including your emotional health.
- Compassionate medical oncology: Your cancer specialists and care teams work together to deliver customized medication therapies (chemotherapy and other medications) to help target cancer cells that grow and divide quickly.
- Multispecialty care teams are dedicated to your care: Your care team includes a care navigator and cancer specialists. And your specialists are part of an integrated national network, sharing best practices to help find the best possible way to treat your type of cancer – from simple to complex and rare cancers.
- Experienced surgical oncologists and care teams: Advanced surgical techniques, including minimally invasive robotic surgery, are used to remove as much cancer as possible while saving healthy tissue.
- Precision radiation therapy: We deliver high-tech radiation therapy and targeted treatment options for many types of cancer, delivered by highly trained radiation oncology specialists.
- Personalized medicine: Whenever possible, we create care plans that are personalized to your genetic makeup. We work with you on a care plan and treatments that fit our specific care needs.
- Clinical trials: Research studies and clinical trials may give you the opportunity to receive advanced treatments. If you want to learn more about other possible cancer care options, talk to your doctor. You may want to ask whether cancer clinical trials are the right option for you.
- Genetic cancer screening, testing and counseling: Genetic tests can help you and your doctor better understand your risk for certain types of cancer. If you have been diagnosed with cancer, your doctor may recommend genetic counseling and testing. Ask your doctor if genetic testing and counseling is right for you.
- Cancer prevention and wellness care: At Ascension Wisconsin, we offer a comprehensive approach to identifying and monitoring an individual’s risk for developing cancer. Through our personalized Cancer Prevention and Wellness Program, we’ll work closely with you to create a care plan that includes targeted screenings, testing and follow-up care based on your specific needs. Talk with your doctor or contact the Cancer Prevention and Wellness Program at 262-785-2273.
- Support programs and resources: Your cancer care team provides support from nutrition education, counseling, and support groups to spiritual care and cancer rehabilitation therapy. And, at Ascension Wisconsin sites of care, our chapels are always open to patients and your loved ones. We offer supportive care and activities for the whole you.
- Financial advocates: We can connect you with resources and programs that may be able to help you and your family with options for financial assistance. Our financial counseling team is here to listen to your concerns and work with you to help find options that meet your needs.
Ascension provider, Hanadi BuAli, MD, shares information about different cancer stages.