Cancer is personal, so is how we care for you
A cancer diagnosis can be overwhelming. With Ascension St. Vincent's Cancer Care in Jacksonville, Florida, you’re not alone. Upon your diagnosis you’ll meet with your multidisciplinary cancer care team, including a care navigator. We’ll help you personalize a care plan just for you with a goal of getting you back to home, family and your daily life.
At Ascension St. Vincent's in Jacksonville, your doctors, nurses and specialty care team are part of a national team of experienced cancer doctors, sharing best practices and the latest in cancer care knowledge and research – bringing the best of oncology to you, close to home.
When you’re going through cancer care, we’re by your side
Every appointment with our experienced and compassionate oncology specialists starts with a conversation. You’ll have face-to-face visits with your doctor, and you’ll have an entire care team, dedicated to your care – connecting the dots for you. Your doctor will take the time to answer all your questions — big and small. By getting to know you and working together, you get a care plan that is customized to your needs. And with a plan, comes hope. Our goal is to help you recover faster so you can get back to life.
Your cancer care team is beside you from diagnosis through recovery. As your care needs change, we are ready to support you. Your care team may include specialists in medical oncology, radiation oncology, surgical oncology and cancer pathology. Together with our oncology-certified nurses, dietitians, rehabilitation therapists, lymphedema therapists, palliative care specialists, social workers, and cancer care navigator, we work with you to deliver a care plan that's right for you. We also offer genetic screening, testing and counseling, palliative care and Ascension at Home services.
Stay connected with your personal cancer care team
Along the way, your care may require imaging, lab tests, pharmacy support or other specialists — you do not need to navigate your care alone. Upon your cancer diagnosis, or when you come to us during your cancer care, you’re paired with a cancer care navigator. Your care team will help you schedule appointments, connect with other services you need, and answer your questions. No question is too small — when you have a concern or feel unsure, don’t hesitate to talk with your care team and ask your questions.
Multidisciplinary oncology care team
From diagnostic testing to advanced cancer treatments, surgical care, rehabilitation and clinical trials, all the care you need is close to home for many types of cancer.
Ascension St. Vincent's in Riverside is accredited by the Commission on Cancer and National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers.
Ascension St. Vincent's Cancer Care delivers comprehensive lung care. Surgeons and pulmonary medicine doctors deliver advanced lung cancer treatment, targeted medication therapy, minimally invasive surgery and advanced radiation treatment and rehabilitation for chest cancers: non-small cell lung cancer, esophageal cancer, mesotheliomas, thymomas and benign lung nodules.
You can have breast cancer and still be you. At Ascension St. Vincent's you get an experienced team of breast cancer specialists and surgeons who start by getting to know you as a person and work with you on a personalized care plan. Your multidisciplinary care team delivers breast-conserving surgery options and reconstruction, and targeted therapies to help stop cancer cells from growing.
Colorectal and gastrointestinal (GI) cancer
When you choose Ascension St. Vincent's, your specialists will diagnose and treat cancers of the colon and gastrointestinal tract, including hepatobiliary cancers affecting the liver, gallbladder and bile ducts.
Head and neck cancer
Whether you have head or neck cancer, such as mouth, throat, thyroid or a skull-based cancer, your cancer specialists deliver a personalized treatment plan that may include advanced surgical and radiation techniques.
Brain and spine cancer
Being diagnosed with a brain or spinal tumor can be overwhelming. With Ascension St. Vincent's you are not alone. Our experienced neurosurgeons specialize in treating brain cancer and spine cancer using advanced surgical techniques to help preserve healthy tissue. And you’ll have an entire oncology care team beside you, delivering comprehensive medication, radiation and anti-seizure therapies, and support services.
From diagnosis through recovery — medical oncologists provide comprehensive care for blood cancers such as leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma and other blood disorders.
Your women’s health care team takes a compassionate and comprehensive approach to treating gynecological cancers such as uterine cancer, vaginal cancer, cervical cancer and ovarian cancer. Gynecologic oncologists at Ascension St. Vincent's offer minimally invasive treatment options and support services personalized for women.
Prostate and other urologic cancers
From screenings and diagnosing prostate cancer through treatment and recovery — our team is here to provide the care that's right for you. Urology and kidney health cancer specialists at Ascension St. Vincent's also provide advanced care for urologic cancers – bladder, kidney, and urethral cancer.
From skin screenings to help detect precancerous skin cells to advanced care for skin cancer (basal cell, squamous and melanoma), our dermatology specialists provide routine treatment options to advanced surgical care, including Mohs surgery.
Get a second opinion on your cancer diagnosis or care plan
Get the confidence and peace of mind that your doctor and care plan are right for you. It's easy to get a second opinion at Ascension St. Vincent's. We can review your medical records and healthcare history to answer your questions and discuss options. Talk with one of our doctors about a personalized care plan.
When you are facing a new cancer diagnosis or are deciding on a surgical or therapeutic treatment plan, there’s a lot to think about. Our cancer specialists can provide a second opinion, based on our experience and as part of a national team.
Before your appointment, check with your insurance company to find out if a second opinion is covered. We can request your medical records on your behalf, so that they can be shared with your care team before your arrival.
Benefits of our cancer care approach
When you come to cancer centers and clinics at Ascension St. Vincent's, oncologists and multidisciplinary care teams deliver comprehensive, innovative and personalized oncology care for the whole you, including your emotional health.
- Compassionate medical oncology: Your cancer specialists and care teams work together to deliver customized medication therapies (chemotherapy and other medications) to help target cancer cells that grow and divide quickly.
- Multidisciplinary care teams are dedicated to your care: Your care team includes a care navigator and cancer specialists. And your specialists are part of a national team, sharing best practices to help find the best possible way to treat your type of cancer – from simple to complex and rare cancers.
- Experienced surgical oncologists and care teams: Advanced surgical techniques, including minimally invasive robotic surgery, are used to remove as much cancer as possible while saving healthy tissue.
- Precision radiation therapy: We deliver high-tech radiation therapy and targeted treatment options for many types of cancer, delivered by highly trained radiation oncology specialists.
- Clinical trials: If you want to learn more about other possible cancer care options, talk to your doctor. You may want to ask whether cancer clinical trials are the right option for you.
- Genetic cancer screening, testing and counseling: Genetic tests can help you and your doctor better understand your risk for certain types of cancer. Ask your doctor about genetic testing and counseling to better understand your risk for developing cancer. If you have been diagnosed with cancer, your doctor may recommend genetic pathology tests to help identify genetic changes in cancer cells and tumor growth.
- Support programs and resources: Your cancer care team provides support from nutrition education, counseling, support groups and yoga to spiritual care and cancer rehabilitation therapy. And, at Ascension St. Vincent's sites of care, our healing gardens and chapels are always open to patients and your loved ones. We offer supportive care and activities for the whole you. For more information, please call 904-308-7546.