Ascension Seton Hays provides experienced medical care, including emergency, stroke and trauma care, in Central Texas.
When a medical emergency happens, our care team is ready. Ascension Seton Hays is a primary stroke center, a Level IV trauma center, and our ER team is experienced in advanced Level III adult trauma services. In addition, we follow the Dell Children’s Emergency Care steps for all ER patients that are children.
If you are experiencing a life-threatening medical emergency, go directly to the ER or call 911.
Serving residents of Hays, Caldwell and South Travis counties, Ascension Seton Hays provides convenient access to a wide array of inpatient and outpatient services. Our board-certified doctors and care teams are committed to providing compassionate, personalized care to help you live your fullest life.
Internal Medicine and Specialty Care
Located in Hays County, our hospital and medical care teams have the experience and technology to provide inpatient critical care services as well as outpatient diagnostic and therapeutic services. Our general surgeons and heart surgeons are skilled in a full range of surgical procedures, including minimally invasive techniques. Highlights include:
- Cancer Care including Oncology
- Cardiac Care Services including Open-Heart Surgery
- Stroke Care through our Certified Primary Stroke Center
- Digestive Care including Surgical Procedures
- Urology Services
Women experience unique healthcare concerns throughout all stages of life. We provide women’s health resources, including education and preventive care, to address the full spectrum of physical and emotional health concerns for women.
For women who are pregnant, our labor and delivery services include a Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). Our Maternity Unit currently includes six labor and delivery rooms and 12 postpartum rooms. Healthy meal options are offered through room service. And we are growing to meet the diverse community needs, with plans to expand.
Dell Children’s Emergency Care
Now you can get Dell Children’s Emergency Care closer to home in a kid-friendly setting:
- Ascension Seton Hays ER care teams are trained to follow Dell Children’s Emergency Care steps.
- When needed, our doctors are able to talk to Dell Children’s emergency medicine doctors and hospitalists through telemedicine tools for your child’s care.
- If your child needs Dell Children’s ER care, we have a waiting room and exam areas made just for kids and their parents.
- Ascension Seton Hays ER staff are trained by nurses and child-life specialists from Dell Children’s Medical Center to learn bedside skills to help reduce stress that children and families can feel during illness, injury, or being in a hospital.
Click the image below to learn more about the recent Hays expansion.
Commitment to Community
Ascension Seton Hays is committed to delivering high-quality, cost-effective care to all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable, regardless of their ability to pay. We accept a wide variety of insurance plans and will work with you to identify other financial options. We are also privileged to accept Veterans Choice. If you are a veteran experiencing difficulty accessing the VA for care, contact us. We are honored to provide the care you deserve.