Ascension Via Christi Rehabilitation Hospital provides comprehensive inpatient and outpatient therapy.
The specialized facility offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient therapy for children, including toddlers, and adults, and provides rehabilitation treatment for stroke, spinal cord injuries, limb loss, orthopedic issues and brain injuries.
The hospital's interdisciplinary team draws on a long tradition of rehabilitation expertise to maximize person's ability to function at home and in the community. Individualized therapy programs consisting of at least three hours of therapy per day are offered. A comprehensive range of medical services are provided, including full-time physician supervision.
No matter your need, Ascension Via Christi Rehabilitation Hospital is dedicated to your recovery. Recognized for excellent, compassionate care, our specialists come together from a state-wide network, led by a medical director credentialed in physical medicine and rehabilitation, to create an interdisciplinary treatment plan designed to specifically meet your needs.
Are you a candidate for inpatient rehabilitation?You may be if you:
- Require 24-hour medical services by registered nurses and close supervision by a rehab physician (i.e., a physiatrist) and an interdisciplinary approach.
- Have a condition or disability in one of the following medical categories: stroke, spinal cord injury, congenital deformity, amputation, major medical trauma, femur fracture, brain injury, neurological disorder, burns or other appropriate diagnoses, all of which require intensive therapy services.
- Have the physical and cognitive ability and the desire to actively participate in a minimum of 3 hours of therapies 5 days a week.
- Are 2 years of age or older.
The rehabilitation teamTypical care teams at Ascension Via Christi Rehabilitation Hospital may include:
- Physician – your primary physician will be board certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation. They lead the rehabilitation team and oversee your therapies in order to ensure that you are able to become as independent as possible.
- Case managers – a case manager will work with you and your family to keep you informed of the interdisciplinary team’s treatment goals and work to coordinate care needed for your return home.
- Occupational therapists – occupational therapists will assists you with your activities of daily living such as: dressing, grooming, bathing, eating, and other functional activities.
- Physical therapists – physical therapists will work with you to improve your mobility and strength to increase your functional independence with walking, getting in and out of bed, and improving your balance.
- Rehabilitation nurses – our nurses will assists you with your medical needs and the skills you are working on in therapy. Nurses are there to assist you 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Speech therapists – speech therapists will help you improve areas of communication, such as: speaking, swallowing, comprehension, writing and reading.
- Our specialty staff also includes chaplains, pharmacists, internal medicine physicians, rehabilitation optometrists, respiratory therapists, and dieticians.
Why choose Ascension Via Christi Rehabilitation Hospital?Ascension Via Christi Rehabilitation Hospital’s expertise has earned the Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval – an accreditation bestowed on organizations that comply with the highest national standards for safety and quality of care and that are committed to continually improving patient care.
The National Parkinson Foundation has bestowed accreditation on Ascension Via Christi Rehabilitation Hospital as one of the leading medical centers worldwide focused on changing the course of Parkinson’s disease. We have been recognized by our medical peers as a leader in Parkinson’s care by meeting rigorous criteria for research, comprehensive care delivery, professional education and patient outreach services.
We understand the importance of family as part of your recovery team. Family members and caregivers are encouraged to attend therapy sessions, which generally occur between 7 am and 4 pm. Individual schedules change daily.
Experienced case managers assist you in making arrangements for a smooth transition back home.
On-site dialysis for added convenience and to minimize treatment disruptions.
Quality patient care is monitored by patient satisfaction surveys and nationally benchmarked outcomes. Patients rank us higher than 99 percent of other rehabilitation facilities in the region.
Cutting-edge technologiesVia Christi’s state of the art specialty equipment allows patients to set and meet new rehabilitation goals and achieve the highest levels of independence possible.
- Bioness – neuroprosthetic system that helps patients improve hand and leg movement
- LiteGait – helps patients regain a normal walking pattern after lower extremity weakness without fear of falling
- Vital-Stim – a therapy used to retrain swallowing function by stimulating the muscles responsible for swallowing
- LokomatPro – cutting edge technology utilizing a treadmill with robotic legs to help patients regain their ability to walk
- ArmeoSpring – robotic technology to help patients regain active movement of the hand and arm