When you choose Ascension sites of care, your heart care starts with a conversation. Your doctor takes the time to listen to understand you and your health to deliver personalized, compassionate heart care that’s right for you. From screenings and preventive heart care, to non-invasive, minimally invasive and complex heart and vascular surgery—get the care you need, including:
- Advanced screenings, diagnostics and heart imaging
- Diagnosis and treatment of heart attacks
- Heart transplant (at some locations)
- Therapeutic treatment and surgery to help manage congestive heart failure
- Treatment for advanced coronary artery disease
- Stroke prevention and follow-up care
- Minimally invasive surgery to repair heart valve problems
- Treatment to restore normal heart rhythm
- Treatment for high blood pressure and high cholesterol
Cardiovascular specialists at Ascension sites of care are part of a national team that provides heart care, shares best practices and provides evaluation and treatment for even the most complex heart conditions.
Heart attack symptoms may be subtle
Heart attacks don’t always start with severe chest pain. Women may have more subtle warning signs when they have a heart attack. Watch for these symptoms in both men and women and get immediate emergency care:
- Chest discomfort, pressure, or pain
- Difficulty breathing independent of activity
- Lightheadedness or loss of consciousness
- New weakness or fatigue
- Rapid or irregular heartbeat
- Sudden arm (particularly left arm), jaw, neck, back pain
Delaying care for heart attack may lead to more serious health concerns. ERs at Ascension sites of care are open 24/7, when you or a loved one need care.
If you are experiencing chest pain, especially in combination with jaw or arm pain, lightheadedness, nausea, vomiting or difficulty breathing, you might be having a heart attack. Call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room right away.
Ask for a second opinion on your heart or vascular condition, diagnosis or care plan
Get the confidence and peace of mind that your doctor and cardiovascular care plan are right for you. It's easy to get a second opinion at Ascension sites of care. We can review your medical records and healthcare history to answer your questions and discuss options. Talk with one of our doctors about a personalized heart care plan.
When you are facing a new diagnosis or are deciding on a surgical or therapeutic treatment plan, there’s a lot to think about. Our heart and vascular specialists can provide a second opinion, based on our experience and as part of a national care team.
Before your appointment, check with your insurance company to find out if a second opinion is covered. We can request your medical records on your behalf, so that they can be shared with your care team before your arrival.
Financial assistance and support is available
We can connect you with resources and programs that may be able to help you and your family with options for financial assistance. Our financial counseling team is here to listen to your concerns and work with you to help find options that meet your needs.