Choose a specialist in heart failure management
Congestive heart failure treatments and care
Understanding your congestive heart failure symptoms and how to manage them is important. At Ascension sites of care, our doctors specialize in routine and advanced heart failure treatments. Our congestive heart failure clinics offer heart failure education programs with telehealth monitoring, dedicated heart failure care teams, and specialized board certified heart failure cardiologists.
Congestive heart failure is a progressive condition. Cardiovascular disease, such as narrowed or blocked coronary arteries, high blood pressure, atrial fibrillation (AFib), a leaky heart valve, cancer treatments, and inherited conditions can cause congestive heart failure. We’re here to help. We listen to understand your health concerns. Then, we work with you to create a care plan that’s right for you.
Our multispecialty cardiology care teams deliver advanced heart failure care, including:
- Focused congestive heart failure clinics (outpatient and virtual)
- Medication management
- Prescribed exercise plan and low-sodium diet
- Diagnostic testing and imaging for congestive heart failure
- Coordination with the entire cardiovascular care team and primary care
- Ventricular assist device (heart pump)
- Heart transplant*
*We provide cardiac transplantation and VAD programs at select Ascension sites of care.
Early signs of heart failure
Our cardiology care team focuses on helping you understand the signs of congestive heart failure. Personalized care plans help you manage your symptoms and get back to the activities you enjoy. Symptoms of heart failure may include:
- Feeling tired or weak
- Shortness of breath with activity
- Trouble breathing while lying down or at night
- Unexplained weight gain, swelling in the feet and ankles
- Severe lightheadedness, irregular heartbeat or fainting
If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, go directly to the ER or call 911.
Get a second opinion on your heart condition
With a diagnosis of congestive heart failure, there's a lot to think about. We can connect you with a heart failure cardiologist that’s right for you.
Our heart specialists are part of an integrated, national network of heart care, sharing best practices and offering evaluation and treatment of the most routine and most advanced heart conditions.