Ascension Sacred Heart Bay is an acute care hospital in Bay County, Florida. The hospital has 202 private rooms and a broad range of services, including emergency services, heart surgery and interventional cardiology procedures, general surgery, and the area's only Trauma Center.
Chartered in 1949 as Memorial Hospital of Bay County, the hospital operated for many years as Bay Medical Center, a county-owned and operated facility. The hospital was fully acquired by Ascension in March 2019.
Ascension Sacred Heart's mission of providing a full range of quality health care services to the Bay County community has remained unchanged. We are committed to providing compassionate, personalized care to all persons, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
As part of its recovery from Hurricane Michael, which hit Panama City in October 2018, the hospital launched a $47 million plan to repair facilities.
The current services offered at the hospital include:
- Advanced cardiovascular services including Bay County's only open heart surgery, as well as minimally invasive valve replacement surgery (TAVR), diagnostic and interventional cardiology procedures, and electrophysiology to treat heart rhythm disorders.
- A Level II Trauma Center, which provides 24-hour emergency care for life-threatening injuries and illnesses.
- Emergency services located at the main hospital and at a freestanding emergency center on Panama City Beach.
- An accredited Stroke Center
- Outpatient diagnostics, including CT, MRI, ultrasound, fluoroscopy, Echocardiography, nuclear medicine, interventional radiology and lab services.
- Orthopedic surgery
- General surgery
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Wound care
- Outpatient physical and occupational therapy
Care for your everyday health needs
Ascension Medical Group Sacred Heart is a regional network of doctors stretching from Gulf Shores, Alabama, to Apalachicola, Florida. Our primary and specialty care doctors offer advanced care close to home. Find a doctor near you.
Ascension Sacred Heart is home to the Studer Family Children's Hospital, Northwest Florida's only children's hospital.
Our pediatricians and care teams in Panama City start by listening to deliver the care that's right for your child. From newborns to teens, children need routine wellness visits to check how they're growing, identify health issues, get recommended vaccinations and get care for common illnesses and injuries. And if your child needs more care, we'll connect you to pediatric specialists in orthopedics, digestive help, sleep medicine, brain and spine, emergency care and more.
Ask if a virtual visit is an option for your child's care. We are maintaining strict precautions for your family's safety while in our care. Find care for kids near you.