Ascension St. Vincent's Riverside Hospital
- Hospital/Medical Center
- Emergency Care
1 Shircliff Way
Jacksonville, FL 32204
What type of appointment would you like to book?
Contacting & Visiting Loved Ones
Visits from your family and friends can play an important part in your recovery. We welcome loved ones to come see you while you're at Ascension St. Vincent's. To ensure your care comes first, we ask that all visitors please observe the following policies.
- Only two visitors per patient at a time are allowed.
- Please keep visits brief.
- Children may not be left unattended anywhere in the hospital.
- Visitors are asked not to sit or lay on the patient's bed.
- Visitors are asked to keep noise to a minimum.
- Visitors must check with the nursing unit before bringing food or gifts to a room.
- Visitors are asked not to visit other patients on the unit, touch equipment or change your position or your bed without consulting the nurse.
- To ensure your privacy, we ask that visitors step outside your room whenever a doctor or nurse is providing treatment.
- You have the right to give consent to receive the visitors you want, including, but not limited to a spouse, partner, another family member, or a friend. You have the right to withdraw or deny the consent at any time.
- Visitors who have a known exposure, tested positive for COVID-19 or have a pending COVID-19 test can not visit unless there are extenuating circumstances.
- For our COVID-19 positive patients, only 1 designated visitor is permitted a day (no swapping).
- For our inpatients and our procedural patients in our medical imaging or surgical areas, 2 designated visitors per day are permitted no swapping).
- For our patients who are in our ED, only 1 designated visitor is permitted and no visitors in the lobby.
- You will be required to wear a mask (no cloth masks) at all times that covers your mouth and nose especially in a patient's room regardless of COVID-19 vaccine status.
If you are calling to check on a patient's condition or treatment please have the patient's PIN number available. It is at the discretion of the patient with whom they share this number. We are not able to release any information to those calling who do not have the PIN. This is a safety mechanism to protect patient privacy.
- Ascension St. Vincent's Southside Patient Information Line: 904-296-3782
- Ascension St. Vincent's Riverside Patient Information Line: 904-308-7301
- Ascension St. Vincent's Clay County Patient Information Line: 904-602-1347
On a case-by-case basis, there may be more restrictive hours imposed as a means to assure a patient gets the rest and quiet time he or she needs to fully recover. Evening and overnight visitation allowed after 8 p.m. with special permission. After 8:00 pm you must have a visitor pass to re-enter the hospital if you leave. We know how important it is for patients to have the support of friends during their hospital stay. Our visiting policies have been designed to meet the needs of our patients and their visitor, while also ensuring our patients receive the rest and care they need.
Please note, due to COVID-19, our visitation policy is subject to change. To confirm the latest information before your visit, please call the applicable number listed below:
- Ascension St. Vincent's Southside: 904-296-3700
- Ascension St. Vincent's Riverside: 904-308-7300
- Ascension St. Vincent's Clay County: 904-602-1000
Addition Visitation Policy Details
Family, friends and/or representatives of the patients' choosing are encouraged to visit and provide support during the patient's hospital stay. Patients and families will be informed of visiting hours and rules upon admission to the unit. Visitors are welcome unless their presence interferes with others' rights, safety, or is medically contraindicated. In general, patients have the right to identify an Essential Caregiver to be available during the course of their stay. Certain speciality areas have additional rules for visitation that are listed below.
The patient may verbally designate, withdraw, or deny anyone as an approved visitor at any time. The hospital will not restrict, limit, or otherwise deny visitation privileges based upon race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability. The Hospital will ensure that all visitors enjoy full and equal visitation privileges consistent with the patient's preferences and will respect patients' rights to restrict or refuse visitors.
Nursing and Security are responsible for administering this policy. Questions regarding visitation can be directed to the House Supervisor.
Essential Caregiver: A patient designated visitor who will be available to the patient during their stay. The Essential Caregiver will not be required or expected to provide any necessary care to the patient. The individual may or may not be the patient's surrogate decision maker or legally authorized representative. At any time, the patient has the right to change the designation of his or her Essential Caregiver and is not required to keep the same individual for the duration of his/her hospitalization.
Hospital: A hospital facility that is a part of Ascension Florida. Such facilities include: St. Vincent's Southside; Ascension St. Vincent's Riverside, Ascension St. Vincent's Clay County; Ascension Sacred Heart Bay; Ascension Sacred Heart Emerald Coast; Ascension Sacred Heart Gulf, and Ascension Sacred Heart Pensacola.
Visitation of COVID Patients:
- Visitation for positive COVID patients in Inpatient Units, Emergency Departments and Clinics is authorized. All visitors for positive COVID-19 patients must wear a mask and eye protection. All isolation precautions must be followed by any visitor and staff must educate the visitor on how to appropriately don/doff personal protective equipment prior to the visit.
A. In general, visitors are encouraged to visit between 6:00 am to 8:30 pm. For the comfort of patients and visitors, it is recommended that only two persons visit at one time.
B. A person designated as the Essential Caregiver may visit for two hours in person in addition to any other allowed visitation.
C. In-person visitation will be allowed in all of the following circumstances unless the patient objects:
1. End-of-life situations
2. A patient who was living with family before being admitted to the provider's care is struggling with the change in environment and lack of in-person family support.
3. The patient is making one or more major medical decisions.
4. A patient is experiencing emotional distress or grieving the loss of a friend or family member who recently died.
5. A patient needs cueing or encouragement to eat or drink which was previously provided by a family member or caregiver.
6. A patient who used to talk and interact with others is seldom speaking.
7. Childbirth, including labor and delivery.
8. Pediatric patients.
D. The Hospital may find it necessary to restrict visitation of a specific person or limit the duration of visits and/or the number of visitors under certain circumstances. Considerations include:
1. A legal court order limiting or restraining contact.
2. Behavior risks or threats to patients, hospital staff, or others in the immediate environment.
3. Behavior disruptive to the functioning of the patient care unit.
4. Prisoners are subject to the authority of the local jurisdiction and are not allowed visitors
5. unless specifically authorized by the Prison Warden and arranged through Hospital Security.
6. When a sterile environment is needed, visitors may be asked to leave the room temporarily.
7. Patient's need for privacy or rest. Need for privacy or rest by another individual in the patient's shared room.
8. When a patient is undergoing a clinical intervention or procedure and the treating health care professional believes it is in the patient's best interest to limit visitation during the clinical intervention or procedure.
9. Violations of hospital policy:
- Visitors are required to follow Hospital policies. The Hospital may suspend in-person visitation of a specific visitor if the visitor violates Hospital policies and procedures. Examples of potential policy violations may include but are not limited to: violent and/or threatening behavior, conduct that is disruptive to the unit, behavior that interferes with treatment, and refusal to wear appropriate PPE. In the event an Essential Caregiver's visitation is restricted due to policy violations, the patient will be given the opportunity to designate a new Essential Caregiver.
E. Due to the size of the patient rooms, one responsible adult (18 years or older) will be allowed to stay overnight. Any guest visiting between the hours of 8:00 pm and 4:30 am will be required to register with security.
F. Consensual physical contact (ex. hand holding and hugging) is allowed between patient and visitor.
G. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult, other than the patient, at all times. It is asked that the adult supervisor ensure that the visiting children do not disturb other patients. Any problems occurring with rowdiness of visiting children may result in asking the supervising adult to remove the children.
H. Visitors are allowed in the Waiting Areas at all times.
I. Visitors of patients in isolation must follow the instructions provided in Infection Control policies and as instructed by the isolation signage. Visitors under the age of 12 may be restricted from visiting patients in isolation. For the safety of the patient and the employees, visitors who fail to comply with isolation protocols may have visitation privileges suspended.
J. Visitors exhibiting any signs or symptoms of infection and/or illness are encouraged to avoid visiting hospitalized patients. Symptoms of illness could include, but are not limited to: cough, fever, runny nose, rash, vomiting, diarrhea, or sore throat.
K. Security should be contacted immediately if:
a. The visitor is threatening, disruptive, abusive or intoxicated.
b. The visitor is believed to be bringing in contraband.
c. The visitor or visitation is interfering with the treatment or care of the patient.
Cafés & Vending Machines
Ascension St. Vincent's Southside
- The Café is located on the ground floor by the visitor elevators and is open Monday through Friday from 6:00 a.m. - 8:30 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 7:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- The Coffee Shop is located on the first floor by the information desk and is open Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Vending Machines are located in the waiting room of the Emergency Room and in the Café.
Ascension St. Vincent's Riverside
- The Sister Margaret Mary Dillon Restaurant is located in the Dillon Building just past Registration. It is open Monday – Friday 6:30 am - 10:00 am for breakfast and 11:00 am - 7:00 pm for lunch and dinner. On weekends it is open 7:00 am - 10:00 am for breakfast and 11 am - 2 pm for our lunch. It offers an array of meal choices, a large salad bar and is home to a Chik-fil-A (not open on weekends).
- Subway is located in the Dillon building just past Registration. It is open daily from 6am – Midnight. It is closed on major holidays.
- Coffee Shop (next to Subway) featuring Starbucks coffee and fresh baked goods. Open Monday – Friday, 6:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m..
- Berg's Bistro is located in the DePaul building with beautiful river views and outdoor seating options. Berg's is open Monday - Friday from 7:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Ascension St. Vincent's Clay County
- The Café is located on the first floor by the visitor elevators and is open from 6:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m., 7 days a week.
- The Coffee Shop is located in the medical mall by the gift shop and is open Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Vending Machines are located in the waiting room of the Emergency Room and outside the Café.
Gift Shop Information
Gift Shop at Ascension St. Vincent's Southside
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
Order By Phone: 904-296-5905
Gift Shop at Ascension St. Vincent's Riverside
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday : 11:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Order By Phone: 904-308-8306
Gift Shop at Ascension St. Vincent's Clay County
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
Order By Phone: 904-602-1348