Pastoral Care Services
St. Vincent's chaplains are trained to help patients and their families make important medical and life decisions. They offer:
- Assistance in meeting religious needs such as prayer, communion, anointing, baptism, confession, spiritual literature/scripture, support groups, and referral to other disciplines.
- Assistance in meeting spiritual needs stemming from anxiety, grief, shame, suffering, fear, anger, faith issues, hope, and life meaning.
- Spiritual care within: visitation, spiritual presence, support for families as loved-ones approach end-of-life, and the care of the dying.
- Assistance to area clergy as they come to the hospital seeking to minister to their parishioners.
How To Contact Us
Whether you are a medical center patient, a family member, or friend, you are always just moments away from services provided by St. Vincent's Pastoral Care Staff. Here's how you can reach us:
- Tell your nurse or healthcare associate that you wish to see a chaplain, priest, minister, or your local clergy.
- Call the Pastoral Care Office directly at 904-308-2800 - or just x2800 from within the campus.
- Call St. Vincent's switchboard at 904-308-7300 and ask for pastoral care.
The Pastoral Care office hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, and the office is located on the second floor of the Dillon Building at our Riverside campus.
Though the office may be closed, a chaplain is on location at the medical center as early as 6 a.m. and into the evening. A Roman Catholic priest is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week for emergency spiritual crisis and the Sacrament of Anointing. The department also has 21 dedicated Eucharistic Ministers who bring Communion to the Catholic patients on a regular basis.