Ascension Sacred Heart Bay is a regional hospital that provides healthcare services to the Panama City, Florida and surrounding communities.
Ascension Sacred Heart Bay is an acute care hospital in Bay County, Florida. The hospital has 202 private rooms and a broad range of services, including emergency services, heart surgery and interventional cardiology procedures, general surgery, and the area's only Trauma Center.
Chartered in 1949 as Memorial Hospital of Bay County, the hospital operated for many years as Bay Medical Center, a county-owned and operated facility. The hospital was fully acquired by Ascension and Sacred Heart Health System in March 2019.
Ascension Sacred Heart's mission of providing a full range of quality health care services to the Bay County community has remained unchanged. We are committed to providing compassionate, personalized care to all persons, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
As part of its recovery from Hurricane Michael, which hit Panama City in October 2018, the hospital launched a $47 million plan to repair facilities.
The current services offered at the hospital include:
- Advanced cardiovascular services including open heart surgery, minimally invasive valve replacement surgery (TAVR), diagnostic and interventional cardiology procedures, and electrophysiology, including cryoablation, to treat heart rhythm disorders.
- Orthopedic surgery
- General surgery
- Laparoscopic surgery
- An accredited Stroke Center
- A Level II Trauma Center which provides 24-hour emergent care for life-threatening injuries and illnesses.
- Emergency services located at the main hospital and at a freestanding emergency center on Panama City Beach.
- Outpatient diagnostics, including CT, MRI, ultrasound, fluoroscopy, Echocardiography, nuclear medicine, interventional radiology and lab services.
- Wound care
- Outpatient physical and occupational therapy
For more information, call (850) 769-1511.