Get rehabilitation care, close to home
Network of integrated rehabilitation therapies
At Ascension sites of care, our rehabilitation care includes:
- Physical therapy to help improve strength and mobility.
- Occupational therapy to help make everyday tasks such as walking, bathing and dressing easier.
- Speech therapy to help you improve swallowing and speaking.
Advanced physical medicine and rehabilitation care is available at many Ascension sites of care. Physiatrists are doctors who specialize in rehabilitation medicine. These specialists work with our rehabilitation care teams to deliver advanced care for restricted range of motion, lymphedema, balance disorders, chronic pain, fatigue, mobility problems, and memory and concentration concerns.
Multispecialty rehabilitation care teams
Care is about more than healing. We are here to serve, listen and understand, with support for your physical health and wellness, as well as your mental and emotional health. At Ascension sites of care, we have specialized rehabilitation services, including:
- Hand therapy
- Muscle strain and trigger point release
- Neurorehabilitation for stroke, brain and spine
- Oncology rehabilitation with lymphedema therapy
- Orthopedic rehabilitation, including joint replacement rehabilitation
- Pediatric rehabilitation
- Pelvic floor therapy
- Sports injury rehabilitation
- Therapy after amputation
- Vestibular therapy for balance disorders
For neurological conditions, some of our therapists are also trained in LSVT BIG, a treatment that can help those with Parkinson’s use their body more normally.
At Ascension sites of care, we provide rehabilitation services in the hospital, at outpatient physical therapy clinics, multispecialty rehabilitation clinics, as part of Ascension at Home home health care, and at stand-alone inpatient rehabilitation facilities. From your first therapy appointment and throughout your ongoing care, your doctor will stay informed about your progress. Our goal is to help you get back to doing the things you enjoy. Find a location near you.
In some states, you may not need a physician order to start physical therapy. If you would like to start physical therapy but are not sure if you need a physician order, please contact a rehabilitation - physical therapy location at an Ascension site of care near you to discuss whether a physician order is needed.
Ascension has a compassionate, personalized approach to Rehabilitation.