Ascension Sacred Heart Rehabilitation Hospital
Located within Ascension Columbia St. Mary's Hospital - Ozaukee Campus
- Hospital/Medical Center
- Primary Care/Clinic
- Specialty Care
Monday: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Tuesday: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Wednesday: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Thursday: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
What type of appointment would you like to book?
Advanced specialty care for recovery from serious injury or illness
When you choose Ascension Sacred Heart Rehabilitation Hospital, you’ll benefit from a team approach, bringing together the expertise of many health professionals with advanced rehabilitation training, always remembering that the most important team members are you and your family.
You and your family are connected to specialized rehabilitation care for the following conditions:
- Acquired and traumatic brain injury
- Complex medical conditions
- Coma or loss of consciousness
- Spine surgery or spinal cord injury
- Stroke or neurologic disorder
We welcome family members to support your daily activities and to learn how to help make adjustments to future home care activities. If you need to reach a family member or have questions for the rehabilitation unit, please call 262-292-0400.
Personalized care for your rehabilitation needs
You will benefit from comprehensive medical management led by doctors with extensive rehabilitation expertise. Medical specialist consultations are available on site as well as diagnostic tests and medical procedures as part of hospital-based rehabilitation units.
During your stay, you will benefit from:
- One-on-one therapy sessions with individualized treatment plan
- Emphasis on addressing psychosocial as well as physical needs, patient/family education, and discharge planning
- Opportunities for community re-entry therapy sessions and home assessments
- All private rooms and common spaces to relax and connect with guests
Inpatient rehabilitation facility services
Our state-of-the-art inpatient rehabilitation facility (IRF) is located on the hospital campus and is for patients who are transitioning after being discharged from the hospital. IRF is an intensive program. To be accepted, you will need to be able to actively participate in the daily schedule of therapy sessions and self-care activities.
We work together to deliver care that is right for you. Our care team treats conditions that may affect movement, swallowing, and your ability to communicate. We help build your strength during the early stages of your recovery. Your therapy schedule is designed to help you live amore independent life.
A team of supportive rehabilitation specialists
Whether you’re recovering from an illness or an injury, we’re here for you. Specialists at Ascension Sacred Heart Rehabilitation Hospital provide compassionate care for your rehabilitation needs. Our team focuses on improving your emotional and physical health and involves your family or caregiver team for daily support to create a care plan personalized to your specific needs. Your team may include:
- Medical director is a doctor trained in rehabilitation who will coordinate your overall treatment program and oversee the efforts of the rehabilitation team caring for you.
- Rehabilitation nurses provide round-the-clock nursing care and can help answer questions you and your family may have.
- Physical therapists will teach you exercises to improve your balance, strength and mobility. They may also help you learn how to use walkers and canes, braces, artificial limbs or other mobility devices.
- Occupational therapists focus on improving your everyday living skills, including bathing, dressing, grooming and eating. They also may provide training to you with equipment that will help you better perform these activities.
- Speech therapists work to improve your ability to communicate, problem-solve and reason, and address any problems with swallowing.
- Case managers will explain the details of your stay and outline any lifestyle changes you may expect. In addition to working with you and your insurance company to certify your ongoing rehabilitation, your case manager will coordinate your discharge needs.
Your rehabilitation care team may also include a nutritionist, pharmacist, respiratory therapist and other specialists. You are provided continued communication in regards to your schedule and activities. Your doctor will continue to follow your progress and will direct your medical care.
After your inpatient stay
When a health condition has a long-term recovery plan or chronic pain affects your physical and emotional health, we’re here to help. Physical medicine and rehabilitation specialists at Ascension sites of care help you manage your pain and improve your ability to do daily activities. Working together, physiatry doctors, physical therapists, occupational therapists and speech-language pathologists provide therapies to help improve the communication between your brain, muscles and nerves. We start by listening to understand you and your health concerns. Then, we work with you to create a recovery care plan that’s right for you.
Ascension Sacred Heart provides the following outpatient services located conveniently within Ascension Columbia St. Mary’s - Women’s Medical Center:
- Neurological rehabilitation and concussion management
- Brain injury day treatment
- Medically complex condition management