Ascension Providence Rochester
What type of appointment would you like to book?
Billing and Payment
At Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital, our commitment to customer service includes guiding patients and their families through the confusing world of medical billing and insurance.
Online Bill Pay
We currently offer the following online payment options. Please choose an image of the bill you received to make an online payment:
Please follow this checklist to help ensure a quick and smooth billing process.
Before Your Appointment:
- Contact your insurance provider for information about your plan’s specific requirements for your benefits.
- Confirm that Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital is a contracted provider of your planned services.
- Obtain a referral, if required by your insurance company (Discuss this with your primary physician).
- If the physician clinic you are visiting is a provider-based clinic, review the Medicare Co-Insurance Liability Notice.
- Bring a form of identification and your health insurance cards.
- If you are a returning patient, please let us know if your personal or insurance information has changed recently.
After Your Visit:
- Respond promptly to requests from your insurance provider to ensure a smooth billing process.
- If you have an out-of-pocket balance due on a bill, please make timely payments.
- Contact us if you have any questions about a bill or if you cannot pay your balance in full and need to make other arrangements.
Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital participates with most insurance plans, including Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Medicare, Medicaid and private plans. The list below is subject to change and coverage limitations are dependent on individual group contracts. For questions about insurance coverage, please contact your insurance carrier directly.
- Aetna Better Health (formerly CoventryCares)
- Aetna US HealthCare (JVHL Laboratory)
- Beech Street
- Blue Care Network BCN (JVHL Laboratory)
- Blue Care Network Medicare Advantage (JVHL Laboratory)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (BCBSM)
- Blue Choice
- CCN Managed Care
- Choice One
- DMC Care (JVHL Laboratory)
- Employers Health Network
- First Health
- Great West Health Care/Cigna (040108)/One Health - (case agreement under Multiplan Network)
- Health Alliance Plan (HAP HMO) –Premier physicians Network
- HAP – Alliance Health & Life Insurance Co. (AHL)
- HAP Preferred Health Plan PPO (PHP)
- HAP Advantage (includes: HAP HMO Senior Plus & AHL Medicare PPO) (* All HAP Plans – JVHL Laboratory)
- Humana HMOx
- Integrated Health Plan
- JVHL (labs)
- McLaren Health Plan
- Meridian Health Plan
- Molina Healthcare
- Multiplan Inc.
- Oakland County Community Mental Health (includes Medicaid & Medicaid HMO Mental Health)
- Priority Health (JVHL Laboratory) (Formerly Care Choices & Preferred Choices PPO)
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Total Health Care
- United HealthCare
- United HealthCare Community Plan (formerly GreatLakes Health)
- Value Options (aka Beacon Health Options)
- Gentiva Hospice
- Hospice of Michigan
- Seasons Hospice
- Vitas Hospice