Ascension Illinois - Center for Mental Health Arlington Heights
- Mental Health
Monday: 8.30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Tuesday: 8.30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Wednesday: 8.30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Thursday: 8.30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Friday: 8.30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Sunday : Closed
What type of appointment would you like to book?
Personalized care for emotional and mental health
Since 1962, Ascension Illinois - Center for Mental Health Arlington Heights has provided holistic and compassionate outpatient treatment to people with emotional problems or mental illness in Chicago's northwest suburbs. With more than 100 specialists, our care teams work with over 3,000 clients every year. We help treat symptoms of depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), self-injury, schizophrenia, school truancy and other mental health conditions.
If you or your child is feeling sad, overwhelmed or anxious, start a conversation with a doctor who listens. Our mental health specialists are committed to delivering compassionate support to children, teens and adults.
Your mental health is an important part of your overall health and wellness. Talk with a mental health specialist if you are experiencing:
- Alcohol or substance dependance
- Changes in your appetite
- Depression or sadness
- Excessive worry or fear
- Family or relationship difficulties
- Feeling sad or down
- Inability to do daily activities
- Mood changes or mood swings
- Thoughts of suicide
- Trouble concentrating
If someone is experiencing severe mental or emotional distress, professional care is necessary and urgent. A person experiencing a mental or emotional health crisis should go directly to the emergency room or call 911.
Connecting you with mental health specialists
Our psychiatrists, psychologists and licensed counselors specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of many mental illnesses, including:
- Anxiety disorders, including PTSD
- Bipolar disorder
- Eating disorders
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD
- Panic attacks
- School anxiety
Mobile crisis response team
If you or someone you love is distressed and a potential danger to themselves or others, call the Ascension Illinois - Center for Mental Health Arlington Heights crisis line at 847-952-7460, then press 9. We will connect you to our 24/7 mobile crisis response team that services Arlington Heights, Buffalo Grove, Wheeling, Rolling Meadows, Palatine and Prospect Heights.
- In-person crisis assessments (Walk-ins welcome)
- Outreach calls
- Short-term case management
If you or a loved one is experiencing an immediate life-threatening emergency, go directly to the ER or call 911.
Partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient programs
Our partial hospitalization program (PHP) is for anyone age 18 and older who is experiencing increased symptoms of anxiety or depression, but does not need to be hospitalized. This short-term (4-5 weeks) program combines individual therapy, group therapy and medication management by a psychiatrist. Patients learn coping skills, strategies to help manage their mental health, how to think more positively, how to improve self-esteem and how different medications can decrease symptoms.
PHP is offered Monday through Friday from 9 a.m.–3 p.m. Features of this program include:
- No waiting list-assessment; you can start the same day
- Small groups (10-15 people per group)
- Virtual or in-person sessions
- Referrals to other programs as needed
- Free transportation may be available in limited areas
Jump-start your career in psychology, social work or counseling with practical experience in a dynamic community mental health setting.
The volunteer program at Ascension Illinois - Center for Mental Health Arlington Heights plays an important role in our mission to provide you with compassionate, personalized care. The generosity of our adult and student volunteers make an immeasurable difference in the lives of our clients, their friends, families, and care teams.
High school students (aged 18 and older) can earn service hours for volunteering or graduation credit. This is strictly a volunteer program and can not be applied for internship or practicum requirements.
Care is always available, whenever you need us
At Ascension Illinois - Center for Mental Health Arlington Heights we offer in-person and virtual visits with your doctor. All outpatient therapists are professional clinicians, with an expertise in cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), anxiety, mood disorders and interpersonal relationships. Additional services and availability include:
- Bilingual care team
- Yoga certification
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Trauma training
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
Our mental health services include:
- 1-1 counseling with a psychiatrist, psychologist or licensed counselor
- Bullying and domestic violence prevention
- Case management services
- Group behavioral therapy
- Intensive/psychosocial recovery programs
- Marriage and family counseling
- Medication management
- Pediatric mental health services
- Psychosocial rehabilitation
- School counseling
- Screening of work skills
- Career path development
- Assistance with job search and application process
- Assistance with resume and interview preparation
- Mediating communication with employers
- Post-employment assistance
Transitional Living Program (TLP)
Our Transitional Living Program (TLP) helps you prepare for living independently within a safe, therapeutic environment. Your counselors will support and guide you every step of the way. Sliding-scale rents are available for residents of Wheeling and Palatine townships and are based on income level. The average length of stay is 12–18 months.
- On-site apartment living to ease the transition to independent living
- Therapeutic programming to help develop coping strategies and skills
- Ongoing case management, with regular evaluations to ensure individualized care
- Symptom monitoring
- Medication monitoring and education
Our Community Integrated Living Arrangement Program (CILA) is long-term permanent housing designed to provide 24-hour support.
Reaching out for support is the first step to feeling better. Call us today.