This paid Nurse Residency integrates newly licensed registered nurses into the acute care environment by providing in-depth education on physiology, pathophysiology, the nursing process, and addresses challenges faced by new nurses.
- Less than 1 year of full-time RN experience (less than 2080 hours) by start date.
- Graduate from Accredited Nursing School with ADN or higher degree
- Florida RN license
Nursing is the single largest nursing specialty in the United States. Nurses coordinate and innovate patient care every day. They apply sophisticated skills to help reduce hospital readmissions and prevent complications. Join this caring and compassionate specialty of nursing.
- 12-month program
- First three months is comprised of intensive didactic learning and skill development combined with precepted shifts on a medical-surgical or telemetry unit
- Experience in procedural areas associated with assigned units
- Nine additional months of didactic courses(four hours per month)
- Two-year work agreement post completion of residency
Teaching strategies include lecture, case studies, demonstration, simulation, role-playing, and journaling.
Apply today as a Nurse Resident at jobs.ascension.org or reach our to ASHNurseResidency@ascension.org with any questions.