Contacting & Visiting Loved Ones
Visits from your family and friends can play an important part in your recovery. We welcome loved ones to come see you while you’re at Ascension Sacred Heart Emerald Coast. Visiting hours are 12:00 - 7:00 p.m., every day. To ensure your care comes first, we ask that all visitors please observe the following policies.
- Visitors must screen negative for COVID through the visitor screening tool and check-in areas.
- No visitors under the age of 12 are allowed unless extenuating circumstances exist.
- One visitor in an inpatient room per day, with one overnight support person per night.
- One visitor is allowed per day for emergency department patients with the exception for pediatric patients in which two visitors are permitted
- One visitor per patient is permitted in surgical/procedural waiting areas.
- (Family Birth Place) During labor, two visitors are permitted: the spouse/partner and one other support person. During post-partum care, we allow two adult visitors per patient. Children over 12 are allowed to visit if accompanied by an adult.
Visitation rules for hospital patients who have COVID-19
- One designated visitor per day is allowed unless extenuating circumstances exist.
- Visitors are not allowed in a patient room where an aerosol generating procedure is being performed—Visitors must remain out of the room for one hour post treatment.
- No visitors under the age of 12 are allowed for a patient who has COVID-19.
- Visitors must wear PPE during the entire visit in rooms and remain in the room for the duration of visit.
Distancing, masks and hand washing
We continue to prevent overcrowding in waiting rooms. Chairs in waiting rooms are spaced at least 6 feet apart. In some locations, there will be signs for restricted seating. All other waiting areas will be closed to visitors. Cafeterias also follow social distancing guidelines.
You will be required to wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth at all times—including in patient’s rooms, regardless of COVID-19 vaccine status. Please bring your own mask or one will be provided.
All visitors are asked to wash their hands before entering or exiting patient rooms.
Calling to check on your family member
If you are calling to check on a patient’s condition or treatment, please have the patient’s PIN number available. It is at the discretion of the patient with whom they share this number. We are not able to release any information to those calling who do not have the PIN. This is to protect patient’s privacy. To speak to the patient’s nurse, please call 850-769-1511 and give the operator the patient’s room number. The operator will connect you to the appropriate floor for an update.
Gift Shop Information
The Gift Shop is currently closed due to COVID.