Medical Oncology, Hematology
Laura S. Lourdes, MD, is board-certified in medical oncology, internal medicine, and hematology, and practices at Cancer Specialists of North Florida's (CSNF) Beaches and Southpoint locations. She received her Doctor of Medicine from the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland and Penang Medical College before completing several internships, residencies, and fellowships at the National University of Singapore, the University of Florida, and Indiana University.
Her UF connection introduced her to the North Florida area and she soon fell in love with it, especially after finding CSNF. Working with colleagues who quickly have become friends is very fulfilling, as they all share the same goal of getting patients on the path to wellness. While, “thankfully,” she’s never had a personal experience with cancer, she still finds it easy to relate to her patients and finds much joy in meeting and helping people from all walks of life.
Dr. Lourdes likes a quote from the Dalai Lama, which is that ‘Our prime purpose in life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them.’ This quote and way of thinking has truly influenced her philosophy as an oncologist. She wants to be there for her patients and help them through their difficult journey in any way she can.
When not in the office, Dr. Lourdes enjoys spending time with her family and hobbies like cooking, running, traveling, and her favorite, gardening.
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Grads
- RCSI & UCD Malaysia Campus
- Indiana University School of Medicine
- University of Florida
- National University of Singapore
- Ascension St. Vincent's Clay County Hospital
- Ascension St. Vincent's Riverside Hospital
- Ascension St. Vincent's Southside Hospital
- Ascension St. Vincent's St Johns County Hospital
- American Board of IM (Hematology) - Hematology
- American Board of IM (Medical Oncology) - Medical Oncology
- The American Board of Internal Medicine - Internal Medicine
I find gardening to be similar to taking care of patient. You nurture and tend to it, and it produces good results!
- Laura Lourdes
Ascension doctors are committed to getting to know you. They take time for real back-and-forth conversations with you so they can understand all aspects of you and your life. Because great care starts with seeing your whole picture.