Through Ascension Seton’s network of cancer services, survivors can continue to receive excellent clinical care from diagnosis onward.
Ascension Seton Cancer Survivor Center offers medical examinations to monitor for late effects, as well as educational and support programs to address the long-term physical and emotional needs of young adult and adult cancer survivors, providing them the tools to live as fully as possible. The program is designed for patients that have completed their cancer treatment, for any type of cancer. The center is part of the Cancer Care Collaborative and is available to patients no matter where they received their cancer treatment.
Appointments are available the second and fourth Tuesday afternoons of each month. Please call us at 512-324-3395 to schedule an appointment.
What to Expect During Your First Visit
- Please bring identification and your insurance card if available.
- The nurse navigator will review your past treatment with you and discuss any current problems or concerns you may have.
- We will also ask you to fill out a questionnaire that will help us learn more about you and your home and family.
- Patients are given a thorough screening and health evaluation by our team – professionals who specialize in survivorship issues.
- Patients are provided with their treatment summary and survivorship plan that lists treatment and medical information related to the patient’s diagnosis and any potential long-term problems. The survivorship plan includes recommendations for patients and their primary care providers, ensuring that patients stay as healthy and informed as possible.
- General Resources: CDC Information for Cancer Survivors, American Cancer Society National Cancer Survivorship Resource Center, NCCN Survivorship Care for Cancer-Related Late and Long-Term Effects
- Health Insurance: Foundation Communities, Central Health (MAP)
- Housing and Financial Counseling: Foundation Communities
- Emotional and Mental Health Support: Regarding Cancer, Wonders and Worries
- Physical Activity and Nutrition: NCCN Survivorship Care for Healthy Living, Livestrong at the YMCA, Cancer Rehab Austin FREE Online classes, Sustainable Food Center, Local Food Pantries
- College and Employment Help: Foundation Communities College Hub, Texas Workforce Commission
- COVID-19: COVID-19 and Cancer Survivors (Spanish Translation)