Ascension Via Christi Occupational Health on Seth Child provides a full range of work-related specialties to meet the needs of the business community.
Let us put our experience, knowledge and dedication to work for you. The result? Injury prevention, enhanced productivity, and an increased bottom line.
Ascension Via Christi Hospital in Manhattan offers a full range of work-related specialties to meet the needs of the business community. We use a comprehensive approach to wellness through injury prevention; early detection and timely treatment of work-related injuries; case management; and case resolution. Read more about our services below:
We offer our clients an emergency hotline number for after-hours injuries. Clients simply call the hotline, and an experienced medical staff person directs the employee to the appropriate facility depending on the nature and severity of the injury. This system initiates timely care and case management — as well as appropriate use of emergency services — and ensures employer preferences regarding post-accident drug testing are followed.
The science of fitting jobs to people
- Workstation analysis
- Identification of job-site risk factors
- Evaluation of employee work methods
- Job description analysis and creation
- Development of practices that increase productivity and employee safety
- Expert, on-site training of individuals or teams
Functional capacity evaluation
The science of measuring physical abilities
- Measurement of an injured worker's abilities
- Evaluation of the client's level of effort
- Analysis of perceived functional abilities vs. actual abilities
- Testing of strength, flexibility, endurance and speed
- Reliable results to establish:
- Appropriate work restrictions
- Objective data for disability determination
- Maximum voluntary effort
- Work simulations, distraction-based tasks, and standardized and non-standardized tests
- Department of Transportation (DOT)
- Respiratory fitness
- Vision screening
- Rapid treatment for ill or injured workers — no appointment needed for initial acute injury treatment on same date of injury
- Diagnostic appointments
- Treatment appointments
- Lab tests
- Employee-wellness plans
- Pain management
- Physician appointments for workers with excessive absences
- Risk factor screening for cancer, cardiac conditions, high blood pressure, obesity and other conditions
- Corporate wellness packages
- Hand Clinic
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Return-to-work and other functional activities
- Job-specific conditioning activities monitored and measured by a therapist
- Activities to rebuild stamina and skills
The Occupational Health team offers community presentations on topics such as workplace wellness, ways to reduce your comp costs, and other occupational health issues as requested. For details on specific presentations, see the Speakers Bureau section. To schedule a presentation, please contact us.
We also provide education on functional adaptive equipment, and fabricate customized splints to protect you from injury, provide positioning, and enhance function.
You can rely on Via Christi occupational health team to provide confidential, secure and reliable drug testing for your employees.
There is much more to drug testing than meets the eye. It will:
- Increase your bottom line
- Reduce your risk as an employer
- Improve workplace safety
- Help you identify qualified hires
- Create a culture of wellness for your company
- Make it clear your business is dedicated to being a drug-free workplace
Save money and take care of your most valuable asset — your employees! Maintaining a healthy, safe and productive workforce is one of the smartest moves you can make for your business. The Ascension Via Christi Hospital in Manhattan Occupational Health team makes it simple for your company to provide expert, appropriate and timely treatment for your employees.
Our group of healthcare professionals from several disciplines has developed a portable, preventative corporate wellness program. Designed to parallel the Surgeon General's Healthy People 2020 Initiative, this innovative program offers tangible recommendations to help individuals avoid preventable diseases and improve their health and lifestyle.
Address all your occupational health and workers' compensation needs under one roof. Our comprehensive program will reduce your workload and contribute to the success of your business.
Drug abuse and poorly managed or untreated conditions such as diabetes, obesity and depression reduce productivity and a company's success. Let our experienced nurses work with you to analyze each aspect of absenteeism and get your employees back to work.
Why spend resources on corporate wellness?
- To educate employees about healthy habits that will improve their health and reduce sick leave.
- To lower company health insurance premiums by taking preventative measures to decrease claims.
- To reduce turnover rates by demonstrating an interest in employee well-being.
- Ascension Via Christi Hospital in Manhattan wellness philosophy is focused on achieving a return on your investment for each dollar spent on employee health. Studies have proven that healthy and fit employees are absent from work less often and are more productive.