Contacting and visiting loved ones
Visits from your family and friends can play an important part in your recovery. We welcome loved ones to come see you while you're at Ascension Sacred Heart Bay. Visiting hours are 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. everyday. To ensure your care comes first, we ask that all visitors please observe the following policies:
- Visitors must screen negative for COVID through the visitor screening tool and check-in areas.
- No visitors under the age of 12 are allowed unless extenuating circumstances exist.
- One visitor in an inpatient room per day, with one overnight support person per night.
- One visitor is allowed per day for emergency department patients with the exception for pediatric patients in which two visitors are allowed.
- One visitor per patient is allowed in surgical and procedural waiting areas.
Visitation for patients who have COVID-19
- One designated visitor per day is allowed unless extenuating circumstances exist.
- Visitors are not allowed in a patient room where an aerosol generating procedure is being performed—visitors must remain out of the room for one hour after treatment.
- No visitors under the age of 12 are allowed for a patient who has COVID-19.
- Visitors must wear PPE during the entire visit in rooms and remain in the room for the duration of the visit.
Distancing, masks and hand washing
We continue to prevent overcrowding in waiting rooms. Chairs in waiting rooms are spaced at least 6 feet apart. In some locations, there will be signs for restricted seating. All other waiting areas will be closed to visitors. Cafeterias also follow social distancing guidelines.
You will be required to wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth at all times—including in patient's rooms, regardless of COVID-19 vaccine status. Please bring your own mask or one will be provided.
All visitors are asked to wash their hands before entering or exiting patient rooms.
Calling to check on your family member
If you are calling to check on a patient's condition or treatment, please have the patient's PIN number available. It is at the discretion of the patient with whom they share this number. We are not able to release any information to those calling who do not have the PIN. This is to protect patient's privacy. To speak to the patient's nurse, please call 850-769-1511 and give the operator the patient's room number. The operator will connect you to the appropriate floor for an update.
The Garden Cafe at Ascension Sacred Heart Bay
Ascension Sacred Heart Bay's Garden Café offers a wide variety of gourmet foods. It is located in our new patient tower on the garden level. On weekdays, the cafe is open daily for breakfast from 6:00 - 9:30 a.m., lunch is 11:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m., and dinner is 2:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. The Grill is open 6:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. on weekends.
The Cafe offers:
- Exhibition Station Cooking: New and exciting food selections are offered weekly, like Pasta Bars, “Taco Shoppe”, “Naansense Indian Eats”, and the favorite “Market St. Deli”. Meals are made-to-order just the way you like it.
- Garden Cafe Salad Bar: Build your own salad with fresh greens, an assortment of fresh vegetables, meats, cheeses, dressings and assorted toppings.
- Italian Kitchen Pizza: The cafe features one of the few brick-lined pizza ovens in the area. Pizza by the slice, personal pizza, calzones, and wings all served with your choice of favorite toppings.
- Grill & CO.: Burgers, grilled chicken, turkey burgers, garden burgers, chicken tenders, and fries are offered daily. This station is open for breakfast from 6–9:30 a.m. with omelets, eggs to order, bacon, sausage, pancakes, French toast, biscuits and many other breakfast favorites.
- Buffet Station: Get a great home cooked meal complete with your favorite side dishes. Special weeks offer “Bayou Southern Kitchen” and “Liberty Street BBQ”.
- Beverage Station: Featuring Starbucks Coffee, free-style Coke, bottled beverages, waters, and juices.