Contacting & Visiting Loved Ones
Visits from your family and friends can play an important part in your recovery. We welcome loved ones to come see you while you’re at Ascension St. Vincent’s. To ensure your care comes first, we ask that all visitors please observe the following policies.
Ascension St. Vincent's Southside Patient Information Line
If you are calling to check on a patient’s condition or treatment please have the patient’s PIN number available. It is at the discretion of the patient with whom they share this number. We are not able to release any information to those calling who do not have the PIN. This is a safety mechanism to protect patient privacy.
- Only two visitors per patient at a time are allowed.
- Please keep visits brief.
- Children younger than 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children may not be left unattended anywhere in the hospital.
- Visitors are asked not to sit or lay on the patient's bed.
- Visitors are asked to keep noise to a minimum.
- Visitors must check with the nursing unit before bringing food or gifts to a room.
- Visitors are asked not to visit other patients on the unit, touch equipment or change your position or your bed without consulting the nurse.
- To ensure your privacy, we ask that visitors step outside your room whenever a doctor or nurse is providing treatment.
- You have the right to give consent to receive the visitors you want, including, but not limited to a spouse, partner, another family member, or a friend. You have the right to withdraw or deny the consent at any time.
Monday-Friday, 5:00am - 9:00pm
Saturday & Sunday, 7:00am - 9:00pm
Evening and overnight visitation allowed after 9pm with special permission. After 9:00pm you must have a visitor pass to re-enter the hospital if you leave. We know how important it is for patients to have the support of friends during their hospital stay. Our visiting policies have been designed to meet the needs of our patients and their visitor, while also ensuring our patients receive the rest and care they need.
Please note, due to COVID-19, our visitation policy is subject to change. To confirm the latest information before your visit, please call 904-296-3700.
The Café is located on the ground floor by the visitor elevators and is open Monday – Friday from 6am – 8:30pm and Saturday and Sunday from 7am – 2:30pm.
The Coffee Shop is located on the first floor by information desk and is open Monday – Friday from 9am – 5pm.
Vending Machines are located in the waiting room of the Emergency Room and in the Café.
Gift Shop at Ascension St. Vincent's Southside
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
Order By Phone: 904-296-5905
Ascension St. Vincent's Medical Center - Southside Campus Map