Orthopedic and sports medicine care teams at Ascension deliver preventive, injury and performance enhancement care for athletes & active individuals.
About Sports Medicine
Sports medicine doctors for sports injuries
At Ascension sites of care, our orthopedic and primary care sports medicine and performance doctors provide outstanding care focusing on both prevention and treatment of injuries, from sprains and strains to fractures, and enhancing performance. Our doctors and care teams listen to understand you and your health concerns. Then, we work with you to create a personalized treatment and recovery plan.
Sports medicine services at Ascension treats both competitive athletes and active individuals of all ages who enjoy exercise and recreational activities. When you get injured, our care team including fellowship trained, primary care and orthopedic sports medicine doctors and athletic trainers are here to help. We provide comprehensive services including urgent injury care, non-surgical treatments and rehabilitation therapy. And if surgery is recommended for you, the orthopedic surgeons at Ascension sites of care deliver a range of services - from minimally invasive surgery to orthopedic surgery for complex injuries. Don’t let an injury hold you back from doing what you enjoy most.
Injury care and sports performance
Our orthopedic and sports medicine doctors and athletic trainers deliver injury care for children, teens and adults, including:
- Athletes (school, recreational leagues, college and professional)
- Active adults who enjoy recreational activities
- Young women experiencing the female athlete triad
We provide treatment options for sports-related injuries and other health conditions that keep you from your exercise routine or training program. We also offer exercise physiology and sports performance programs that help you maximize your athletic potential. Services may include:
- Concussion testing and management, including return-to-sport clearance
- Diagnosis and treatment for new and existing orthopedic sports injuries and related illnesses
- Event medicine by sports medicine doctors and athletic trainers
- Exercise physiology assessments to help improve sports performance
- Rehabilitation and recovery services by athletic trainers and physical therapists
- Sports nutrition and psychology
- Sports physicals and functional testing
Exercise physiology and personalized exercise plans
We’re here to show you how to use exercise to help improve your athletic performance. Our exercise physiologists personalize your exercise routine to help your body perform at a higher level, regardless of your age and current activity level. We coach, encourage and support you as you train. Our care teams focus on injury prevention and help you meet your fitness and lifestyle goals. We also offer specialized training programs for specific sports and activity interests.
Orthopedic surgery for sports injuries
When an injury happens and surgery is needed, our highly experienced orthopedic surgeons are ready to deliver the care you need. Our surgeons offer orthopedic care, from emergency care to advanced reconstruction:
- Ankle and foot surgery
- Bone and joint reconstruction surgery
- Hand surgery
- Pediatric orthopedic surgery (only at some locations)
- Ligament repair, including MCL and ACL tears
- Shoulder and elbow joint restoration
- Spine surgery
If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, go directly to the ER or call 911.
At many Ascension sites of care, we offer full-service orthopedic rehabilitation by physical therapists.