Our full-service hospital and emergency room offer acute and specialty care, inpatient and outpatient services, and a heart transplant program.
Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin is a hospital offering family-centered services in Austin, Texas. Open 24/7, our compassionate and experienced care teams provide emergency medicine, acute medical and surgical care, and critical care medicine with extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO).
Our care teams also specialize in a multitude of conditions, from simple to complex.
- Women’s health OB-GYN maternity services including a birth center and NICU for mothers and babies.
- Our extensive heart and vascular care includes stroke care, and high-quality minimally invasive and open-heart surgery for all types of adult cardiovascular diseases, including heart failure therapies and heart transplant.
- When you have a complex medical concern, our care teams provide skilled care for:
- Neurology and neurosurgery
- Kidney health
- Diabetes and endocrinology
- Pulmonary medicine
- Oncology services, including lung and colon cancer
- Gastroenterology and GI surgery
- Geriatric senior health
Our doctors and care teams work together to provide a personalized care plan that is right for you.
Specialty heart care options
Our cardiologists and heart specialists coordinate care with your primary care doctor to deliver personalized heart care for patients with complex heart conditions, including congestive heart disease with or without A-fib. Our trusted network of doctors and specialty clinics gives you access to the most advanced technologies and treatments.
To schedule a cardiology consultation and discuss a care plan that is right for you, please call 512-324-1000.
Our cardiologists specialize in advanced heart failure and treat patients with a combination of risk factors:
- NYHA class 3 or 4 heart failure symptoms
- AHC/ACC Stage D
- Hemodynamic instability
- Current or planned inotropic therapy
- Left ventricular ejection fraction of < 35%
- Weakness, fatigue, inability to walk
- Multiple hospitalizations in the past six months
- Non-responder to cardiac resynchronization therapy
- Hypotension complications
- Significant metabolic changes
- Considering hospice
- Heart Transplant Program
Ascension Seton is a statewide leader in cardiac transplants and ventricular assist devices (VAD). Our specialty care and transplant centers on the Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin campus provide complete care. Our patient coordinator is available around-the-clock for patients in our program. Please call 512-681-0500 for more information.
Our experienced cardiac transplantation and ventricular assist device (VAD) doctors and care team includes:
- Advanced heart failure specialists
- Cardiac transplant surgeons
- Heart failure nurses and coordinators
- Nutrition counseling
- Palliative care for pain and symptom management
- Pharmacists specializing in heart failure medication management and education
- Social services
- Financial consultation
Heart care and rehabilitation
After your body has gone through a cardiac event or treatment for a heart condition, special care may be needed to get your heart health back on track. Our cardiac rehabilitation program helps improve your recovery after surgery.
Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin is the only hospital in Central Texas to have earned Joint Commission certification for a Destination Therapy Ventricular Assist Device Program and Heart Transplant Certification from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
Heart failure patient manuals
Download our patient manual for details about our approach to heart failure management and care.