Our care teams at Ascension St. John Hospital in Detroit, Michigan, deliver emergency-trauma care and specialty care for you and your children.
Ascension St. John Hospital is a full-service hospital with 24/7 emergency care and a Level I Trauma Center. We deliver advanced surgical care for serious and life-threatening injuries and illnesses. Our care teams listen to quickly understand your health needs and deliver care that's right for you. Ascension St. John is a destination for specialty care - including heart, cancer, stroke care, orthopedics and women’s health. Our OB-GYN maternity care teams at our Birthing Center deliver a personalized birthing experience and advanced neonatal care for sick babies. We offer a wide range of minimally invasive procedures using robotic-assisted technology, imaging and lab tests, a dedicated inpatient rehabilitation center, all on one campus.
Care for your everyday health needs
Our primary and specialty care doctors offer advanced care close to home.
If you are experiencing a life-threatening medical emergency, go to the nearest ER or call 911.
Click here to learn more about these services and programs:
- Birthing Center
- Cracchiolo Inpatient Rehabilitation Center
- Structural Heart
- Weight Management - Bariatrics
- Heart and Valve Services: Certified Chest Pain Center, Heart Failure Center and Heart Transplant and VAD Program
- Imaging Center and Mammograms
- Pharmacy and Professional Building
- Level I Trauma Center
- Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Valade Bone & Joint Center
- Primary Care
The Van Elslander Cancer Center located on the campus of Ascension St. John Hospital in Grosse Pointe Woods, delivers advanced inpatient and outpatient care - from diagnostic testing and chemotherapy to minimally invasive robotic-assisted surgical procedures, radiation therapy, genetic counseling and cancer support programs. Click here to learn more.
Pediatric specialty care at Ascension St. John's Children's Hospital
From newborn to adolescent medicine, our pediatric specialists deliver care that's personalized for your child's needs, including:
- Birthing Center, with advanced care for high-risk pregnancy
- 24/7 Pediatric emergency care
- Gastroenterology clinic for digestive health
- General pediatric surgery and urology
- Hematology - Oncology Clinic for childhood cancers and blood disorders
- Lipid Disorder Center for heart and kidney health
- Orthopedic and sports medicine services
Click here to learn more about our pediatric services.
Our cardiovascular and orthopedic services are recognized by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and the Blue Care Network as Blue Distinction Centers. We were named a Blue Distinction Center in both cardiovascular and orthopedic care by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network. In addition, we are accredited by the American College of Surgeons Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program. This recognition certifies that the highest standards of quality and safety are being met.