Ascension St. Vincent’s Southside Family Birth Place in Jacksonville, Florida, delivers experienced, personalized maternity care.
At Ascension St. Vincent’s Southside, our maternity care team starts by listening to you to deliver care that’s right for you and your baby. Our OB-GYN doctors and nurse practitioners specialize in women’s healthcare, at every stage of life. We don’t just deliver babies at our birthing place. We deliver personalized care before, during and after pregnancy. From prenatal, pregnancy and birthing care to childbirth classes and breastfeeding support, we provide healthcare close to home. If you need a women’s health doctor, we can help.
To sign up for a class, call 904-296-4345.
A birth plan with options
Our OB-GYN doctors and pediatricians are here to support you and your baby. No pregnancy is the same. With 24/7 OB and anesthesia coverage, our hospital maternity care team is responsive to your labor and delivery needs. At Ascension St. Vincent’s, we provide family-centered labor, delivery, recovery and postpartum (LDRP) rooms, all private with a private bath. The private room setting also offers a variety of other benefits that include twin and triplet suites, mini fridges, breast milk warmers, nearby shower facility, comfort room and a family waiting area. Working together, we help deliver a memorable birth experience.
- Baby-Friendly designation
- 24-hour in-house anesthesia coverage so pain management is available quickly
- 24-hour in-house board-certified obstetricians
- Dedicated parking
- A single, private entrance
- A large, comfortable waiting room for friends and family
- Infant security system
- Board-certified lactation consultants available 7 days a week for inpatient and outpatient needs
- Level III NICU, offering Northeast Florida’s first all-private NICU suites for babies with special needs and medical specialists on staff 24-hours a day to ensure your baby has the highest level of care
- Childbirth, Sibling, Infant CPR class
- Breastfeeding classes
- Flexible visiting hours