Reiman Cancer Center - Ascension Wisconsin Health Center - Rawson Avenue
A Department of Ascension St. Francis Hospital
- Cancer care
- Hospital/Medical Center
What type of appointment would you like to book?
Delivering personalized cancer care
At Ascension Wisconsin, our doctors and nurses listen to understand your health care needs and concerns and answer your questions. Then, we deliver a care plan with personalized cancer treatments and support programs. Our medical, radiation and surgical oncologists, oncology-certified nurses, palliative care specialists, genetic counselors, patient navigators, social workers, financial advocates, dietitians, chaplains, and cancer rehabilitation specialists focus on your needs. We’re dedicated to supporting you throughout your cancer treatment.
Cancer care closer to home
Our doctors and care team offer treatments for many types of adult cancer, including:
- Medical oncology with oral and infusion chemotherapy
- Radiation therapies
- Gynecologic oncology
- Rehabilitation therapies, including lymphedema therapy
- Palliative medicine for managing pain and symptoms
- Surgical oncology and options for breast reconstruction
- Supportive care with patient navigators, financial advocates, Healing Arts therapy, nutrition and wellness programs
We offer hope and support while delivering advanced care options. In Wisconsin, we have a network of cancer specialists. Our specialty care programs feature innovative treatments, including:
- The hidden scar technique is used during breast-conserving surgery and minimizes scarring.
- Navigational bronchoscopy is minimally invasive and used to biopsy small abnormalities in the lungs.
- Men have prostate cancer treatment options including brachytherapy, in which radioactive seeds are implanted to kill cancer cells.
- Mohs surgery is dermatologic microsurgery for skin cancer removal that allows the patient to keep as much healthy skin as possible while the surgeon removes cancer cells in a precise way.
- Precision Medicine, also called Personalized Medicine, is a treatment plan tailored to your molecular and genetic makeup. This individualized approach means that all medical decisions, treatments, practices and products are unique to you, instead of applying a one-treatment-fits-all model to your care.
- Interventional oncology, including minimally invasive cancer therapies such as targeted ablation, chemoembolization (targeted chemotherapy) or radioembolization (targeted radiation).
Cancer screenings and advanced diagnostic testing
We make getting access to screening tests more convenient with online scheduling. The 3D mammogram, Breast MRI for higher breast density and low-dose CT lung scan produce high-definition images to improve the detection of hard-to-find cancers. Ask your doctor what screening tests are right for you, including colonoscopy, PSA and PAP/HPV tests.
Cancer genetics: testing and counseling
Genetic risk assessment and counseling services are available. These tests can help you better understand your risk for hereditary cancers. Discuss this option with your doctor. We provide BRCA 1 and BRCA 2 screening as part of our high-risk breast clinic program.
Helping you navigate your cancer journey
Our patient navigators partner with patients and their families to provide individualized assistance and support. They help patients effectively navigate across the continuum of the healthcare system to ensure they receive timely and high-quality care. They facilitate and coordinate care, assess and identify individual patient needs, provide education and support, and connect patients and their families with additional supportive care resources and services.
Our financial advocates are here for you, to help you throughout your cancer journey. We assess each patient’s benefits and insurance coverage so patients can focus on their treatment and recovery. In addition, we help find financial resources to offset out of pocket expenses when possible.
At Ascension Wisconsin, we’re here to help you navigate your cancer journey.
Nationally recognized cancer care
Ascension Wisconsin Cancer Care is accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (CoC) as an Integrated Network Cancer Program and the recipient of the American Community Cancer Centers Innovation Award. Our cancer centers in Southeast Wisconsin are also accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC).
Researchers throughout Ascension Wisconsin advance clinical care through research and innovation. To learn more about our clinical trials, contact the Ascension Wisconsin Research Institute by calling 414-635-6420 or emailing AWRI.Inquiry@ascension.org.
Ascension Wisconsin focuses on cancer prevention
Ascension Wisconsin sites of care in Southeast Wisconsin and the Fox Valley provide screenings to support cancer prevention and your overall wellness. Being at a higher risk for developing cancer can leave you with a lot of questions and uncertainty. Your Ascension Wisconsin doctor and care team are here to listen, support you and answer your questions. Understanding your risk and getting the recommended screenings can help to detect cancer early when it’s most treatable. If you have risk factors for developing cancer, speak with your doctor to determine if the Ascension Wisconsin Cancer Prevention and Wellness Program is right for you. We’ll work closely with you to create a personalized plan and connect you to the care that supports your overall well-being and health goals. Your care team provides:
- Personalized risk assessment – may include genetic tests, physical evaluation, screening, and other lab and imaging tests.
- Referral to cancer specialists for follow-up care, if needed.
- Wellness plan with health coaching and goal setting – may include medication management, nutrition and exercise counseling to support weight management, and referral to alcohol and drug addiction counseling, if needed.