To talk to a burn care specialist, call 414-585-1680.
Our burn treatment center, established in 1958, is a state-of-the-art facility located at Ascension Columbia – St. Mary’s Hospital Milwaukee. Our highly experienced doctors, surgeons and compassionate care team provides burn patients with the best possible treatments to improve survival and quality of life. We are the fourth oldest burn center in the nation.
Ascension’s Regional Burn Center is certified by the American Burn Association and the American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma. The care team at the burn center includes doctors, nurses, dietitians, physical therapists, occupational therapists, respiratory therapists, social workers, psychologists, and chaplains. Our holistic approach is designed to heal body, mind and spirit.
We specialize in all types of minor and life-threatening burn care due to:
This Burn Center also cares for children and adults with many types of skin conditions.
In the Community Creating Awareness
Our nurse educators are routinely in the community sharing burn prevention and education. We aim to enrich the lives of burn survivors and educate the public about preventing future burn injuries.
See Classes and Events for upcoming programs.
- Burn Camp, an August camping event at the Wisconsin Alliance for Fire Safety’s Camp for Burn Injured Youth.
- Community education programs presented by Burn Center nurses. To date, our programs have reached more than 125,000 people.
- Survivors Offering Assistance in Recovery (SOAR), a support group of former burn patients who help burn victims adjust to life after their injuries.
- The Burn Support Group meets monthly at the burn center.
- Burn Center Golf Invitational, this annual event has raised more than $1 million for burn prevention programs, camps, and related events.
Ascension’s Wound Healing Centers