Ascension Saint Thomas Hospital West
- Hospital/Medical Center
4220 Harding Pike
Nashville, TN 37205
What type of appointment would you like to book?
24/7 Emergency care
When you choose Ascension Saint Thomas Hospital West, you get doctors who listen, convenience and care that's connected. When you need care right away, emergency care is close to home in Nashville, Tennessee. ER teams at Ascension Saint Thomas Hospital West are here 24/7 for life-threatening and severe illness and injury. Our care teams listen to quickly understand your health needs and deliver care that's right for you.
If you or a loved one is experiencing symptoms such as chest paint, we’re prepared to deliver advanced care. Ascension Saint Thomas Hospital West is awarded the Joint Commission Chest Pain Certification for recognizing cardiac symptoms and delivering advanced heart care.
Ascension Saint Thomas Hospital West Emergency Department is the first in the state to be recognized for specialized care for patients age 65 and older by the American College of Emergency Physicians. With this recognition, care teams at Ascension Saint Thomas Hospital West Emergency Department continue to deliver advanced care for seniors.
If you are experiencing a life-threatening medical emergency, go to the nearest ER or call 911.
Comprehensive care for your health needs
When you choose Ascension Saint Thomas Hospital West for your specialty care, you have access to a wide range of specialty care, imaging, pharmacy and more. Specialists at Ascension Saint Thomas Hospital West start by listening to you, to better understand you and your health. Then, we work with you to create a personalized plan that meets your needs. If you need more care, have confidence knowing you are connected to a network of specialists. We work together as one multi-specialty care team dedicated to your well-being. You have access to specialists in:
- Breast health and mammography
- Gastrointestinal health
- Heart and kidney transplant
- Neurosurgery (Unity program)
- Long-term care
- Stroke care
Advanced surgical care and rehabilitation
If surgery has been recommended as part of your care plan, surgeons at Ascension Saint Thomas Hospital West have the experience and expertise you need. Whenever possible, we use minimally-invasive techniques. And, we connect you with specialists for follow-up care and rehabilitation, if needed.
Awards and recognitions for high quality care
Your health and wellness are our priority. That’s why doctors and care teams at Ascension Saint Thomas Hospital West are dedicated to delivering advanced care that’s compassionate and personalized. We have earned certifications and designations for high quality care in heart and vascular care, cancer care, orthopedic care and stroke care:
Ascension Saint Thomas Hospital is named the #2 hospital in Tennessee and rated among the elite 12 percent of hospitals nationwide to earn “Best” honors in the U.S. News & World Report’s 2022-2023 Best Regional Hospital rankings. Ascension Saint Thomas Hospital has also earned the exclusive “High Performing” status for the following procedures performed or conditions treated at Ascension Saint Thomas Hospital:
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair
- Aortic Valve Surgery
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Colon Cancer Surgery
- Heart Attack
- Heart Bypass Surgery
- Heart Failure
- Hip Replacement
- Kidney Failure
- Knee Replacement
- Lung Cancer Surgery
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)
Heart and vascular care
- Ascension Saint Thomas Heart West is awarded the Advanced Ventricular Device (VAD) Certification by the Joint Commission.
- Ascension Saint Thomas Hospital West is awarded the Joint Commission Chest Pain Certification.
- Ascension Saint Thomas Hospital West received the 2022 Mitral Valve Repair Reference Center Award from the American Heart Association and the Mitral Foundation for excellence in mitral valve repair surgery.
- Ascension Saint Thomas Hospital West received the American Heart Association’s Get With The Guidelines® - AFIB Gold quality achievement award for its commitment to managing atrial fibrillation (AFib), ultimately helping to reduce patients’ stroke risk.
- Ascension Saint Thomas Hospital is nationally recognized for its commitment to providing high quality AFib care. We received the American Heart Association’s Get With The Guidelines® - AFIB Gold quality achievement award, ultimately helping to reduce patients’ stroke risk.
- The first Commission on Cancer Accredited Integrated Network Cancer Program in Tennessee, uniting the cancer programs of Ascension Saint Thomas Hospital Midtown, Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford, and Ascension Saint Thomas Hospital West.
- Our facilities have the most-extensive National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers Breast Cancer Program in Tennessee with more than 1000 breast cancers diagnosed and/or treated in 2016.
- Certified Quality Breast Center of Excellence, the highest level of recognition in the National Quality Measures for Breast Centers Program of the National Consortium of Breast Centers, Inc.
- Designated as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by American College of Radiology.
- Designated as an ADDARIO Lung Cancer Foundation Centers of Excellence.
- Ascension Saint Thomas is awarded the Total Hip and Knee Replacement Certification by the Joint Commission.
- Ascension Saint Thomas Hospital West is awarded the Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification by the Joint Commission.
- Ascension Saint Thomas Heart ranks in the top 1% for positive outcomes after having a heart transplant. Our transplant program also ranks in the top 1% for getting a transplant faster and top 5% for survival on the waiting list according to The Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients (SRTR).
- Heart transplant volume has grown since relaunching the program in 2016, putting the program right at the 75% percentile for overall volume compared to all adult heart transplant centers in the country.
- The average Length of Stay (LOS) after a heart transplant at Ascension Saint Thomas Hospital West is 12 days, compared to the region and the US average LOS of 16 and 17 days.