Effective 3/7/22, as part of a comprehensive response to the COVID-19 outbreak, Ascension Saint Thomas has evaluated our visitor policies. Our guidance addresses the safety of our associates, physicians and the persons whom we are privileged to serve, while ensuring that we continue to deliver optimal care. Until further notice, please comply with the following guidance:
Overall visitor guidelines
- To maintain the safety of our patients, visitors and staff, all visitors are required to wear a mask while on the hospital campus.
- If you show signs or symptoms of any illness within the past 10 days, you should not visit the hospital. You may still visit with your loved one by telephone or video-call. If needed, one of our staff will be happy to help the patient make or receive a call so that you can stay connected.
- If you are visiting a patient who is on isolation precautions, you will be required to use appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) while in the patient's room. Children under 18 will not be allowed to visit patients in isolation.
- Although visiting hours are generally from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. there are times when a patient will need privacy for receiving care or for resting. The staff may ask you not to visit during these times.
- If you need to be tested for COVID-19, please contact your primary care physician, local department of health, pharmacy or other health center that provides COVID-19 testing. There are many testing locations now available throughout the community. And COVID-19 antigen self-tests may also be available at your pharmacy for home testing.
Unit specific visitor guidelines
- ICU: Any Ascension Saint Thomas hospital with an intensive care unit has their own visitor guidelines.
- Mother/Baby: Ascension Saint Thomas hospitals with birthing centers (Ascension Saint Thomas Midtown, Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford, and Ascension Saint Thomas River Park) have their own visitor guidelines.
Patients and guests can access the internet through the high-speed wireless network available from anywhere within Ascension Saint Thomas.