Health services for you and your family
Ascension Southeast Michigan Community Health helps to improve your health and wellness, regardless of economic status or physical condition. Programs help to connect you with community resources for your specific needs. Our care team provides physical exams, lab tests, screenings, behavioral and mental health services. We listen to understand you and your health concerns. Then, we deliver care that’s right for you.
Community health services close to home
Ascension Southeast Michigan Community Health programs align with the Mission, Vision and Values of Ascension sites of care. Our programs address physical, emotional, developmental, and spiritual needs of individuals, families and communities.
- School-Based Health Centers - With more than 27 school sites across the Ascension Michigan service area, these Health Centers provide a wide range of medical and behavioral health services from immunization to suicide intervention.
- Maternal and Infant Health - Program aims to reduce infant mortality and support mother and infant health.
- Community Wellness and Faith Partnerships - Provides education and exercise classes in our Wellness Centers. Faith Partnerships work with various organizations to enhance health within their parishes. Other partnerships involve senior centers and community centers.
- Bridges to HOPE - empowers individuals and families experiencing poverty with the resources and education to design their future and create a more productive direction in life.
- Open Arms - helps victims of crime, domestic violence, human trafficking and those needing grief support.
We understand that every person is different. Our Community Health team works with local schools, law enforcement, Ascension hospitals, municipalities, senior services providers, community centers and other non-profit organizations. Together, we deliver personalized healthcare, resources and support. Clinical services may include:
- Grief support
- Domestic violence and crisis intervention
- Dental, vision and hearing screenings
- Nutrition counseling and healthy eating education
- Sports physicals
- Women’s health exams (Pap tests, pregnancy tests and family planning referrals)
- Community education and doctor-led seminars
- Management for chronic health conditions