New temporary visitor rules have been implemented to try to decrease the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) and to keep our patients, families, care teams and the communities we serve safe. At this time, facilities near you may be restricting visitors. Please contact the location before visiting.
If visiting a shared patient room, please respect the other patient's privacy.
Please don't visit the hospital if you:
- Are running a fever or feel feverish
- Have a cough, sore throat or runny nose
- Are having body aches, vomiting or diarrhea
- Have had or been exposed to seasonal flu within the past 7 days
Parents as visitors
You are welcome to spend as much time as you'd like with your child during his or her stay at the hospital. Parents or grandparents can usually stay overnight in the child's room and a limited number of parent sleep rooms are available. Ask the nursing staff for details.
Via Christi is tobacco-free, inside and out
For the better health of our patients, visitors and employees Ascension Via Christi Hospitals are tobacco-free, inside and out. Please refrain from smoking anywhere on our grounds, including on sidewalks and curbs or in parking areas.
Silence helps healing
Did you know that hospital noise is one of the top patient and visitor complaints nationwide? Quiet hospital environments help healing and promote patient and visitor satisfaction.
That’s not surprising given the growing body of research suggesting noise can:
- Slow the healing process
- Increase stress and anxiety levels in patients, visitors and staff
- Cause patients to lose up to two hours of sleep each night
- Increase heart rates, blood pressure, respiratory rates and cortisol levels
We ask that visitors please be respectful of our patients and refrain from making loud noises while in our facilities.