Volunteers are important team members of Ascension Alexian Brothers Behavioral Health Hospital and the patients we serve. Each year, community members volunteer their time and talents to our patients, visitors and care teams. Ascension Illinois offers volunteer opportunities within the hospital and business development department.
Whether you're interested in meeting new people, increasing your activity or feeling a renewed sense of purpose, we invite you to become an Ascension Illinois behavioral health volunteer.
Why volunteer ?
- Give back to the community
- Gain exposure to the healthcare profession before committing to a college major or career path
- Fulfill school requirements
- Receive complimentary cafeteria voucher (Ascension Alexian Brothers Behavioral Health Hospital only)
How to apply
- Complete the online volunteer application.
- Attend a mandatory interview and orientation session
- Please note: You will be contacted for the interview only if our needs for volunteers match your completed application qualifications and your availability
- Provide documentation for the following vaccinations:
- If you were born after Jan. 1, 1957, you must provide documentation of the measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccination
- All volunteers need to provide documentation of a current tuberculosis (TB) test
- Undergo a criminal background check
- Purchase an Ascension Alexian Brothers Behavioral Health Hospital volunteer uniform for a fee
- Train in your area of volunteer discipline
Volunteer positions are one-year commitments. We do not offer short-term or summer opportunities. Also, the program does not currently accept volunteers still in high school.
- Adhere to volunteer uniform and dress code policy
- Uniforms will be purchased for a fee
- ID badge must be worn at all times while volunteering
Learn more about the volunteer assignments available at Ascension Alexian Brothers Behavioral Health Hospital
- Customer service and guest relations: waiting rooms and other areas
- Patients/nursing: assist patients in wheelchairs, deliver supplies to floors, deliver charts to floors
- Clerical support: copying, filing, mailing and assisting with projects
To learn more about volunteer opportunities, please call 847-303-4977 or email us.