First located on the shores of Perdido Bay, Haven of Our Lady of Peace opened in 1939 under the care of the Carmelite Sisters. The facility relocated in 1967 to Sacred Heart Hospital’s campus on North Ninth Avenue. In 1987, Sacred Heart Health System and the Daughters of Charity acquired the Haven from the Carmelite Sisters.
In July 2000, groundbreaking was held for the Haven’s current home on Summit Boulevard, and the new facility opened in 2001.
Today, the Haven is a partnership in caring between Sacred Heart Health System and Methodist Homes for the Aging.
The Haven is Medicare & Medicaid licensed. Admission to this facility is made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex or handicap.
Many features of the Haven of Our Lady of Peace were made possible by the generous gifts of many caring families. Sacred Heart Foundation offers an option that allows a pledge to be made over a five-year period. If you are interested in making a donation or listing the Haven in a will, please contact Sacred Heart Foundation at (850) 416-4663.