Ascension Seton Smithville
What type of appointment would you like to book?
Ascension Seton Smithville Regional Hospital wants to make your experience as comfortable and stress-free as possible. Whether you will be staying with us for a few days, having an outpatient procedure done or simply visiting a friend or relative, we have put together some information that we hope you will find helpful. If you have any questions, please contact us at 512-237-3214.
For patients in intensive care, Ascension Seton Smithville maintains an open visitation policy with the exception of 6:30 a. m. to 8:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. The number of visitors and length of visits also may be limited, depending on the patient’s condition and to allow for patient care or diagnostics procedures. A lounge area is available nearby for periods between visits. After 10:00 p.m., visitation is limited to one family member who may stay with the patient, providing patient condition allows.
Children under 12 are only allowed to visit with the approval of the nursing staff. Children who are allowed in the ICU must be under direct adult supervision at all times and will be asked to leave if disruptive. We also request that any friends or family who are ill not visit patients.
To ensure optimum care for all patients in the unit, we request patient/family cooperation. Things the family may do to help are:
- Appoint a family spokesperson to serve as a link between the ICU staff and the family. Please be respectful of the hospital staff’s time, as well as their need to provide the best care possible to all patients, and limit calls to important matters of concern.
- To help make your family member in intensive care more comfortable, feel free to bring a tape of favorite music, cards or photographs.
- Just being with your family member is important, and he or she may need rest most of all.
- Remind your loved one what day it is and why they are here because it is common for ICU patients to seem confused, forgetful, excited or angry. This may be due to the illness itself, unfamiliar surroundings or medications.
- Be prepared to see a lot of wires, tubes and equipment. Monitors have alarms to alert the nurse when something needs to be checked. Alarms are not always a cause for concern. Appropriately prepare children for this, and remind them that it is not cause for concern.
Staffed by a dedicated group of volunteers, our gift shop offers stuffed animals, balloons, cards, candy and a wide variety of special items designed to make you or your loved one’s stay in our facilities less stressful. Ascension Seton Smithville Regional Hospital Gift Shop is conveniently located in the main lobby of the hospital and can be reached by calling 512-237-3214, ext.243.
Gift Shop Hours:
Monday – Friday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Closed on Saturday and Sunday
If you are interested in volunteering to work in the gift shop, please call 512-237-3214, ext. 5243.
One of the best-kept secrets of Ascension Seton Smithville Regional Hospital is Bistro 71. Bistro 71 welcomes visitors and guests with a wide range of culinary delights. Located on the south side of the hospital, Bistro 71 offers an eye-appealing and spacious environment for you to enjoy your meal. Bistro manager John Chabot is a superb chef with a talent for creating delicious food.
Bistro 71 serves an array of salads and sandwiches, such as Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad, Napa Chicken Salad, Black Angus Burger or Grilled Chicken Sandwich. The restaurant also offers cafeteria line service during lunch and dinner, serving an array of Cajun, Southern, Italian, American Southwestern and Asian delights. Anyone can enjoy a meal or snack in the Bistro. Smithville Regional Hospital patients, family and friends can order meals from the Bistro to be delivered to their hospital rooms.
Let Bistro 71 cater your next event. Chef John Chabot has over 20 years of experience in preparing and catering events from as small as an intimate dinner for two up to a BBQ for 2,000 people.
For more information about Bistro 71 at Ascension Seton Smithville Regional Hospital or to hear more about its weekly specials and catering information, e-mail John Chabot at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-237-5738.