Delivering personalized cancer care
At Ascension Saint Thomas Hospital Midtown Cancer Center, our doctors and nurses listen to understand your health care needs and concerns and answer your questions. Then, we deliver a care plan with personalized cancer treatments and support programs. Our medical, radiation and surgical oncologists, oncology-certified nurses, palliative care specialists, genetic counselors, dietitians, and rehabilitation therapists focus on your needs. We’re dedicated to supporting you throughout your cancer treatment.
Cancer care closer to home
Our doctors and care team offer treatments for many types of adult cancer, including:
- Medical oncology with oral and infusion chemotherapy
- Radiation therapies
- Rehabilitation therapies, including lymphedema therapy
- Palliative medicine for managing pain and symptoms
- Surgical oncology and options for breast reconstruction
- Supportive care with nutrition and wellness programs
We offer hope and support while delivering advanced care options. In Nashville, Tennessee, we have a network of cancer specialists. Our specialty care programs feature innovative treatments, including:
- The hidden scar technique is used during breast-conserving surgery and minimizes scarring.
- HIPEC treatments provide precision when treating the lining of the abdominal cavity for ovarian cancer.
- superDimension Bronchoscopy with GPS-like technology for a minimally-invasive procedure for the detection and diagnosis of early-stage lung cancer
- Mohs surgery (dermatologic microsurgery for skin cancer removal) allows the patient to keep as much healthy skin as possible while the surgeon removes cancer cells in a precise way (available in dermatology surgicenter offices).
Cancer screenings and advanced diagnostic testing
We make getting access to screening tests more convenient with online scheduling. The 3D mammogram, Breast MRI for higher breast density and low-dose CT lung scan produce high-definition images to improve the detection of hard-to-find cancers. Ask your doctor what screening tests are right for you, including colonoscopy, PSA and PAP/HPV tests.
Cancer genetics: testing and counseling
Genetic risk assessment and counseling services are available. Discuss this option with your doctor. We provide multigene panel testing (MGPT), including BRCA 1 and BRCA 2 screening as part of our high-risk breast clinic program.
Our cancer care nurses help you navigate the cancer journey. They offer daily access to getting answers to your questions and connect you with our many cancer care services. We’re here to help.