At Ascension St. John Hospital Birthing Center, our maternity care team starts by listening to you to deliver care that’s right for you and your baby. Our OB-GYN doctors and nurse practitioners specialize in women’s healthcare at every stage of life. We don’t just deliver babies at our birthing center. We deliver personalized care before, during and after pregnancy. From prenatal, pregnancy and birthing care to childbirth classes and breastfeeding support, we provide healthcare close to home. If you need a women’s health doctor, we can help.
A birth plan with options
No pregnancy is the same. Our team is responsive to your labor and delivery and postpartum care needs. At Ascension St. John Hospital, we provide family-centered birth suites with the comforts of home. By working together, we help deliver a memorable birth experience and prepare you to safely care for your baby before you go home.
Ascension St. John Hospital Birthing Center has earned the prestigious Baby Friendly designation, which is a joint effort from the World Health Organization and the United Nations Children’s Fund. The designation means we partner with you to bring research-based, innovative care that leads to better outcomes for you and your baby.
- 24/7 in house Obstetrician and Anesthesia coverage
- Baby friendly initiative room-in policy
- Birthing, breastfeeding and newborn prenatal classes
- Lactation support
- Level 3 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit & Special Care Nursery (NICU & SCN)
- Low intervention birthing suite for unmedicated birthing plan
- Maternal fetal medicine
- Newly renovated unit, which includes 31 private birthing suites, 15 postpartum suites & 7 bed triage
- Physician specialists for high risk pregnancy