Ascension St. Vincent Indianapolis - Cancer Care
- Cancer Care
- Specialty Care
8301 Harcourt Rd
Indianapolis, IN 46260
Monday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Thursday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
What type of appointment would you like to book?
Cancer is personal, so is how we care for you
At Ascension St. Vincent, our doctors and nurses listen to understand your health care needs and concerns and answer your questions. Then, we deliver a care plan with personalized cancer treatments and support programs. Our medical, radiation and surgical oncologists, oncology-certified nurses, palliative care specialists, genetic counselors, dietitians, and rehabilitation therapists focus on your needs.
Our care team specializes in the practice of medical oncology, hematology, radiation oncology and surgical oncology. Our skilled physicians, nurses and other health care professionals work closely with patients and their families to develop treatment plans specifically designed to meet each patient's unique needs.
Our physicians are board-certified in the practice of medical oncology, hematology, radiation oncology and surgery. Some of our surgeons are fellowship trained in their specific cancer specialty. Our physicians work closely with the Ascension Medical Group’s all female breast surgeons to provide the most up-to-date breast care available in our area.
Our newly renovated cancer center has a state-of-the-art linear accelerator to deliver precise radiation dosage quickly providing shorter treatments making it more efficient for our patients. In addition we have a PET/CT for imaging and for planning your treatment plan.
Our doctors, nurses and professional staff share a commitment to compassionate care, with respect for the concerns of patients and their families. Our patient navigators assist, educate and support our patients and families. They help explain our many Cancer services and help give you resources that support ongoing cancer survivorship.
We’re dedicated to supporting you throughout your cancer treatment.
Cancer care closer to home
Our doctors and care team offers diverse treatment options for many types of adult cancer, including:
- Medical oncology with oral and infusion chemotherapy
- Radiation oncology therapies
- Rehabilitation therapies, including lymphedema therapy
- Palliative medicine for managing pain and symptoms
- Surgical oncology and options for breast reconstruction
- Supportive care with Healing Arts therapy, nutrition and wellness programs
We offer hope and support while delivering advanced care options. In Central Indiana, we have a network of cancer specialists. Our specialty care programs feature innovative treatments, including:
- The hidden scar technique is used during breast-conserving surgery and minimizes scarring.
- HIPEC treatments provide precision when treating the lining of the abdominal cavity for gastric or ovarian cancer.
- Men have prostate cancer treatment options including brachytherapy and radioactive seed implants.
- Mohs surgery is dermatologic microsurgery for skin cancer removal that allows the patient to keep as much healthy skin as possible while the surgeon removes cancer cells in a precise way.
- Radioembolization (Y90) uses drug-coated, micro-beads to treat hard-to-reach liver cancer tumors in a minimally invasive way.
Specialized cancer care for your heart
After your oncologist creates your care plan, a cardiologist may monitor you for heart problems during and after cancer treatment. Cardio-oncologists are cardiologists that specialize in heart care for cancer patients with heart disease, heart failure or other cardiovascular conditions. Your doctor and multispecialty care team work together to help improve your quality of life by:
- Monitoring any previous or current heart conditions
- Preventing or reducing heart damage
- Screening for early detection of heart problems after cancer treatment
- Supporting your cancer therapies
Cancer screenings and advanced diagnostic testing
We make getting access to screening tests more convenient with online scheduling. The 3D mammogram, Breast MRI for higher breast density and low-dose CT lung scan produce high-definition images to improve the detection of hard-to-find cancers. Ask your doctor what screening tests are right for you, including colonoscopy, PSA and PAP/HPV tests.
Cancer genetics: testing and counseling
Genetic risk assessment and counseling services are available. Discuss this option with your doctor. We provide BRCA 1 and BRCA 2 screening as part of our high-risk breast clinic program as well as genetic screening for other cancers.
Our cancer care nurses help you navigate the cancer journey. They offer daily access to getting answers to your questions and connect you with our many cancer care services. We’re here to help.