Understanding how your child recovers from an injury or after surgery helps improve their overall health. Our rehabilitation care team is here to help. We offer outpatient physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy appointments with flexible hours around your work or your child’s school schedule. In Indiana, a doctor’s referral is not required (exceptions may apply) if you are seeking physical therapy (PT) for your child. A referral is required for occupational therapy (OT) and speech therapy (ST). A therapy evaluation will be conducted prior to treatment. This helps your child’s therapist develop a personalized care plan that’s right for your child.
The Ascension St. Vincent Pediatric Therapy department offers evidence-based outpatient physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy services. Our newly renovated kid-friendly space at the Center for Children and Patricia Browning Stone Sensory Playground are designed for children and families.
Ascension St. Vincent Pediatric Therapy department therapists are certified and specially trained in many therapeutic programs including, but not limited to:
- Autism spectrum disorder
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Chromosomal disorders (down syndrome, prader willi)
- Developmental delay (fine motor, gross motor, visual motor, cognitive delay, language delay)
- Musculoskeletal conditions (scoliosis, club foot, hypermobility, juvenile arthritis)
- Newborn and infant care (neonatal brachial plexus injury, torticollis, neonatal abstinence syndrome, failure to thrive)
- Neurological conditions (spinal cord injury, cerebral palsy, spina bifida)
- Sensory integrative dysfunction (dyspraxia, visuodyspraxia, self-regulation)