Ascension Sacred Heart Rehabilitation at Port St. Joe
What type of appointment would you like to book?
Understanding how to recover from your injury or after surgery helps improve your overall health. Our rehabilitation care team is here to help. We offer outpatient physical therapy appointments, with flexible hours around your work or school schedule. In Florida, a doctor’s referral is required if you are seeking physical therapy (PT) for injury prevention or fitness. A physical therapy evaluation is done before therapy appointments may begin.
When a health condition has a long-term recovery plan or chronic pain affects your physical and emotional health, we’re here to help. Physical medicine and rehabilitation specialists at AscensionSacred Heart Rehabilitation at Port St. Joe help you manage your pain and improve your ability to do daily activities. Working together, physiatry doctors, physical therapists, occupational therapists and speech-language pathologists provide therapies to help improve the communication between your brain, muscles and nerves. We start by listening to understand you and your health concerns. Then, we work with you to create a recovery care plan that’s right for you.
Your doctor may prescribe physical therapy as part of your treatment plan. AscensionSacred Heart Rehabilitation at Port St. Joephysical therapists listen to understand you and your health concerns. Then, we work with you to create a rehabilitation care plan that’s right for you. Physical therapy helps promote healing, relieve aches and pains, and restore your strength, mobility and balance using personalized non-surgical therapies.
Physical therapy specialists
OurPT clinic offers personalized therapies by licensed therapists who treat orthopedic, brain and spine conditions, balance disorders, and sports injuries. Many of our physical therapists are also certified in specialized therapy programs, including:
- Balance disorder cares
- Cancer treatment recovery and lymphedema therapy
- Geriatric rehabilitation and exercise programs
- Instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization
- Joint replacement recovery, hip and knee replacement
- LSVT big parkinson's program
- Neurorehabilitation for stroke, brain and spine care
- Pediatric physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy
- Post-surgical rehabilitation
- Sports injury orthopedic rehabilitation
- Vestibular rehabilitation
- Work injury CARF-accredited programs
Advanced rehabilitation therapy for your recovery
Your care team at AscensionSacred Heart Rehabilitation at Port St. Joe offers specialized programs and rehabilitation services for debilitating health conditions that affect children and adults. We deliver care for orthopedic and sports injuries, congenital disorders, brain, spine and nerve conditions, traumatic injuries and more. Our advanced rehabilitative care includes:
- Adaptive therapy after amputation
- Developmental-behavioral therapies for attention problems and memory loss
- Muscular dystrophy therapeutic development
- Neurorehabilitation for brain and spinal cord injury
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Swallowing disorders and feeding therapy
Our care team helps you learn how to use a wheelchair, walkers and other adaptive devices to help you move safely in your home. And, we connect you with social and community services that can help support your recovery and improve your quality of life.
Additional rehabilitation sites of care are available in Walton, Bay and Gulf Counties:
- Ascension Sacred Heart Rehabilitation at the Market Shops
- Ascension Sacred Heart Rehabilitation at Panama City Beach
- Ascension Sacred Heart Bay Outpatient Rehabilitation at Panama City Beach
- Ascension Sacred Heart Bay Pediatric Rehabilitation at Panama City Beach
- Ascension Sacred Heart Bay Outpatient Rehabilitation at Panama City
- Ascension Sacred Heart Bay Pediatric Rehabilitation at Panama City
- Ascension Sacred Heart Rehabilitation at Somerby
- Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation at Ascension Sacred Heart Bay