You don’t have to travel far to get personalized cancer care and support services. Ascension St. Vincent's East Cancer Treatment Center provides a healing environment with advanced technologies delivered by a dedicated and experienced multispecialty care team. Your oncologist listens to understand you and your health concerns. Then, our cancer specialists work with you to create a care plan that’s right for you.
Ascension St. Vincent's East Cancer Treatment Center holds numerous recognitions/accreditations for outstanding patient care, including the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons’ highest recognition, the Outstanding Achievement Award. It is one of only two hospitals in the state, and only 74 hospitals nationwide, to receive this prestigious recognition. The Outstanding Achievement Award recognizes cancer programs that strive for excellence in providing quality care to cancer patients. The Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons accredits the Ascension St. Vincent's East Cancer Treatment Center. In addition, the Ascension St. Vincent's East Cancer Treatment Center is an active member of the Association of Community Cancer Centers.
Ascension St. Vincent's East Cancer Treatment Center diagnostic and treatment technology includes:
- TrueBeam® Linear Accelerator - latest cancer-fighting technology
- Eclipse®Treatment Planning System
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy
- Varian RapidArc®
- ARIA® OIS for Radiation Oncology
- RadCalc quality assurance software
- Velocity® image fusion software
- Chemotherapy - the use of anti-cancer drugs designed to slow or stop the growth of rapidly dividing cancer cells in the body.
- Lung Program - offer a low-dose CT scan to catch the disease in its earliest stages, making the odds of successful lung cancer treatment far greater.
- Prostate Seed Implantation - a radiotherapy option for patients diagnosed with early-stage prostate cancer. Radioactive seed implants deliver a high dose of radiation to the prostate while simultaneously reducing the amount of radiation to adjacent organs such as the bladder and the rectum.
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery and Stereotactic Body Radiosurgery - non-invasive radiosurgery that refers specifically to the treatment of tumors or other abnormalities in the brain and spine. When radiosurgery technology is used to treat parts of the body outside of the central nervous system, it is called stereotactic body radiosurgery.
Ascension St. Vincent's East Cancer Treatment Center focuses on clinical care excellence through a multidisciplinary approach, including care coordination, government program services, laboratory and pathology, nutrition, support groups, pastoral care, radiology and surgery.