The Ascension Columbia St. Mary’s Hospital Milwaukee Bariatric Center is winning the battle against obesity with proven weight management treatments.
What makes us different? Our trustworthy doctors and care team at our Bariatric Centers in Milwaukee, Mequon, and Germantown, Wisconsin. We have a proven track record of success and treat you as members of our family with compassion and personalized attention. Our doctors consistently communicate with your primary care doctors, so you have a highly coordinated, personalized treatment plan that evolves as you lose weight.
For more than 15 years, our Columbia-St. Mary’s weight management services have improved the health and well-being of thousands of adults who for years have struggled with obesity and related health problems.
Our approach gives you options:
- Bariatric Surgery
- Gastric bypass
- Gastric sleeve
- Bariatric medicine, non-surgical weight management clinics at:
- Ascension Columbia St. Mary’s Hospital Milwaukee Bariatric Center. For more information, please call 414-962-2274
- Ascension Columbia St. Mary’s Ozaukee at Germantown. Our board-certified internal medicine doctor specializes in treating obesity. Our doctor is also a pediatrician for children with weight-related health concerns. For more information, please call 262-250-7800.
- Ascension Columbia St. Mary's Milwaukee and Ozaukee offers registered dietitian nutritional counseling for dietary meal planning, education and support. Please call Central Scheduling at 414-326-1800 for services.
Full-service Bariatric CenterWe provide a full spectrum of services and have a history of high patient satisfaction. The Ascension Columbia St. Mary’s Hospital Milwaukee Bariatric Center meets and exceeds the standards established by the National Institutes of Health, the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgeons, and the American College of Surgeons. These designations are based on patient volume and safety and demonstrate to the public and the insurance industry the highest standard of patient care.
Other health insurance recognition include:
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield Blue Center of Distinction for Bariatric Surgery
- CIGNA 3 Star Quality Bariatric Center Designation
- United Resource Network Center of Excellence
Obesity is Treatable
Obesity is a treatable medical disease but has many factors that influence family and community relationships, your emotional health, self-image, and increase your risk-factors for developing a heart attack or stroke, and some cancers. By customizing your treatment plan, other weight-related health concerns may also improve, such as:
- Arthritic pain
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Sleep apnea
- Type 2 diabetes
The Ascension Columbia St. Mary’s Bariatric team understands how difficult it is to lose weight by yourself using generic diets and exercise programs. It is important to know you haven't run out of options. Our Bariatric Center is one of a few centers in southeastern Wisconsin dedicated to helping severely overweight people.