In Detroit, Michigan, our ER care teams at Ascension St. John Hospital are here for you when you need us most, with a 24-hour emergency department.
An emergency is still an emergency
Our emergency rooms remain open -- and we are doing everything it takes to help keep you safe.
Ascension St. John Hospital emergency care teams are here for you. Our hospitals are ready and safe for you when you need us. We have these strong precautions and safeguards in place to protect you:
- We’ve designated separate care areas for patients with COVID-19 symptoms.
- We can perform a COVID-19 rapid test and have the results in 15-20 minutes.
- We have streamlined our triage process in an effort to move you into a patient room quicker.
- We have large individual patient rooms with doors in our ER, which provide privacy and a safer environment.
- We deep clean and sanitize our entire ER even more often using the most effective disinfectants.
- Patients are provided masks upon entry for their protection, and our care team continues to wear personal protective equipment.
We are a Comprehensive Stroke Center and Cardiovascular Center of Excellence -- expert in evaluating and treating patients with stroke or cardiac symptoms. The ER is still the safest place for care of serious illnesses, and this has been unchanged throughout the pandemic.
As always, we are paying rigorous attention to handwashing – it’s still one of the best ways to reduce the spread of infection.
We have a large, experienced, compassionate care team including physicians and PAs, to care for our patients.
Here for you when you need us
Ascension St. John Hospital is known for clinical excellence in emergency medicine…for lifesaving action in a trauma, partnership with cardiac care during a heart attack, and comprehensive diagnoses for sudden pain. But we’re also here for treatment of non-threatening emergencies like broken bones, off-hours illnesses when your physician isn’t available, or stitches for deep cuts.
Ascension St. John Hospital prides itself on compassionate emergency care. Some examples include:
- Ascension St. John Hospital is the only verified Adult Level 1 Trauma Center on the Detroit’s eastside. We are a leader in providing high-quality care to trauma patients, from injury prevention to rehabilitation.
- As a Comprehensive Stroke Center, Ascension St. John Hospital has the resources, staff and training to receive and treat the most complex stroke cases, leading to better outcomes. As the only eastside Detroit hospital with this designation, Ascension St. John is a regional leader in treatment of over 700 acute stroke patients a year.
- A dedicated Pediatric Emergency Center within the main emergency center, staffed with board certified pediatric emergency medicine doctors.
- Ascension St. John Hospital has emergency medicine and pediatric emergency medicine board certified doctors who listen to understand you and your health.
- Our nurses have received training in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), trauma and pediatric emergency nursing.
- If you are experiencing chest pain or chest discomfort, Ascension St. John Hospital provides immediate treatment to avoid as much heart damage as possible. Our 12-lead EKG program is a partnership with EMS personnel to bring our community the most efficient diagnosis and treatment of heart attack before you even arrive at the hospital.
If you have a life-threatening emergency, or a minor emergency, the care teams at Ascension St. John Hospital are ready and able to care for you.
Get the care you need, when and where you need it. Check in for an emergency room visit here: GetAscensionCareSEMI.com