Weight-loss surgery in Tennessee
- Does my current weight cause any other chronic health conditions?
- Can I commit to documented weight-loss efforts required by my insurance plan?
- Am I willing to re-evaluate my diet and exercise regimen to live a healthier life?
Weight-loss surgery can be a deeply personal, life-changing decision. Our doctors and nurses listen to understand you and your health concerns. Then, we work with you to create a weight-loss plan that’s right for you.
What to expect at a bariatric surgery consultation
Weight-loss management is a step-by-step process. At Ascension Saint Thomas, we help guide and support you through every step of your journey. Our team of surgical weight-loss specialists includes a surgeon, nurse patient navigator, bariatric dietitian, exercise physiologist, and behavioral health support. We also have an insurance coordinator that explains insurance coverage and pre-approval requirements.
Our care team helps you to understand surgical and non-surgical treatment options and lifestyle changes. We care about your physical and emotional health. Get started on your weight-loss journey by watching a seminar.
Watch Online Seminar - Murfreesboro
Watch Online Seminar - Nashville
Types of bariatric surgery
At Ascension Saint Thomas, our bariatric surgeons specialize in the following procedures. Unless otherwise indicated, all procedures below are available at our Nashville and Murfreesboro locations.
- Bariatric support and education
- Biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch (Nashville only)
- Care of patients with adjustable laparoscopic gastric band (Nashville only)
- Removal of adjustable laparoscopic gastric band (Nashville only)
- Medical nutrition therapy (Nashville only)
- Orbera™ intragastric balloon (Nashville only)
- Reshape gastric balloon (Nashville only)
- Roux-en-Y gastric bypass
- Sleeve gastrectomy
- Revisions of previous weight-loss surgeries (Nashville only)
We offer minimally invasive surgical options that may help shorten your recovery time. Our doctors and weight management care team are committed to helping you achieve your weight-loss goals.
Medically supervised weight-loss programs
Bariatric surgery is not your only option. Ascension Saint Thomas Midtown Center for Surgical and Medical Weight Loss offers consultations with doctors who specialize in medically supervised, non-surgical weight loss. Weight-loss specialists can also prescribe weight-loss medications, if needed. We help address your lifestyle, activity level, foods and behaviors that may trigger emotional eating.
Before and after weight-loss surgery
You will have a network of support before, during and after your weight-loss surgery. During your journey, you’ll have follow-up visits with your doctor and care team at a location near you. At Ascension Saint Thomas, we also offer bariatric support groups, exercise and fitness programs that fit your capabilities and nutrition counseling. Your success is important to us.
Patient stories about their bariatric surgery journey
Bariatric surgery has helped many people achieve their weight-loss goals. Here are real-life success stories from patients who have followed our program.
Weight-loss results may vary depending on the individual. There is no guarantee of specific results.