Understanding Mother-Baby Care-online
Covering the first few weeks postpartum, Our Understanding Mother & Baby Care program supports the continued health of mom and baby as they make the transition from hospital to home. This program includes important information including postpartum recovery tips, breastfeeding basics, newborn care, and when to call healthcare providers.
- Caring for Your Baby -- Diapering, circumcision & cord care, signs of infection, jaundice, well-baby visits, keeping baby healthy, bathing, car seats & hot car safety, SIDS, crying & abusive head trauma, when to call your healthcare provider/call 911
- Feeding Your Baby -- Skin to skin, breastfeeding basics, feed often, hunger cues, latching, preventing engorgement, formula feeding, when to call your healthcare provider/call 911
- Taking Care of Mom -- Involution, lochia, perineal care, Kegels, cesarean care, baby blues & postpartum mood disorders, when to call your healthcare provider/call 911
You can access the eClass from any computer or mobile device with an Internet connection. Allow 4-6 hours to complete.
- Birth Stories
- Comfort Techniques
- Medical Procedures
- Cesarean Birth
- Videos, animations, and optional read-along audio
- Quizzes, interactive exercises, notes pages, and extended activities
- Essential tools, including a birth plan checklist and contraction timer
- Audio library with soothing sounds, lullabies, and relaxation exercises
- PDF library, glossary, and web links
- Class completion certificate
How it works:
- Within 2-3 business days after you purchase your seat to the eClass, we will email you login instructions.
- You’ll have access to the class for 270 days.
- Check with your insurance company for partial reimbursement of the class cost.
- If you would like a tour of the Birth Suites, please call 205-212-6667 and make an appointment with one of our Birth Navigators
It's recommended that you register while in your fifth or sixth month of pregnancy to best retain what you learn.
If you cancel your registration, a refund will be given if a cancellation request is received prior to the start of the class/program.