Understanding Cesarean Birth eClass-online
This interactive online course covers essential information about preparing for, having, and recovering from cesarean surgery, and it highlights ways partners can help throughout the process. You’ll also learn what steps you can take to make your cesarean birth a family-centered experience, including an opportunity to create your own cesarean birth plan.
You can access the eClass from any computer or mobile device with an Internet connection. The class will take about 2 to 3 hours to complete.
- Cesarean Overview
- Signs of Labor
- Preparing for Surgery
- Surgical Procedure
- Recovery in the Hospital
- Recovery at Home
- Videos, animations, and optional read-along audio
- Quizzes, interactive exercises, notes pages, and extended activities
- PDF library including What to Pack for Your Surgery and Family-Centered Cesarean Birth Plan checklists
- Audio library with a cesarean birth visualization exercise, a prenatal bonding exercise, and more
- Essential new-parent tools
- Glossary and web links
- Class completion certificate
How it works:
- Within 2-3 business days after you purchase your seat to the eClass, we will email you login instructions.
- You’ll have access to the class for 270 days.
- Check with your insurance company for partial reimbursement of the class cost.
- If you would like a tour of the Birth Suites, please call 205-212-6667 and make an appointment with one of our Birth Navigators
It's recommended that you register while in your fifth or sixth month of pregnancy to best retain what you learn.
If you cancel your registration, a refund will be given if a cancellation request is received prior to the start of the class/program.