Understanding Birth eClass-online
Consider the Understanding Birth eClass your go-to guide for answers you can trust on childbirth. This interactive online course covers essential information on labor and more, and highlights ways partners can help throughout the process. You’ll also get a sense of what labor is really like as you watch several birth stories. You’ll even have an opportunity to create your own birth plan!
You can access the eClass from any computer or mobile device with an Internet connection. Allow 4-6 hours to complete.
- Birth Stories
- Comfort Techniques
- Medical Procedures
- Cesarean Birth
- Videos, animations, and optional read-along audio
- Quizzes, interactive exercises, notes pages, and extended activities
- Essential tools, including a birth plan checklist and contraction timer
- Audio library with soothing sounds, lullabies, and relaxation exercises
- PDF library, glossary, and web links
- Class completion certificate
How it works:
- Within 2-3 business days after you purchase your seat to the eClass, we will email you login instructions.
- You’ll have access to the class for 270 days.
- Check with your insurance company for partial reimbursement of the class cost.
- If you would like a tour of the Birth Suites, please call 205-212-6667 and make an appointment with one of our Birth Navigators
It's recommended that you register while in your fifth or sixth month of pregnancy to best retain what you learn.
If you cancel your registration, a refund will be given if a cancellation request is received prior to the start of the class/program.