If you are an expectant parent, please go to this site to register for the Friends and Family CPR course: https://ascension-tn.regfox.com/childbirth-family-and-friends-cpr-at-st-thomas-midtown
You must read the textbook Neonatal Resuscitation, 8th Edition, prior to the online exam. The online didactic presentation and exam highlight the textbook material on initial steps, equipment, bag/mask ventilation, cardiac compressions, biochemical resuscitation, ethical care and end of life issues of the neonate.
Register for the 8th edition and purchase the online curriculum using the guide here: 8th Edition Online Exam and Resources.
1. Go to www.aap.com/nrp
2. Scroll down to and click on "Login" under the NRP 8th Ed Learning Platform
3. Register using an email that you will check
4. Verify your email and complete the steps from the guide above
5. Enroll in the ADVANCED provider curriculum. (Do NOT enroll in the Essentials Provider curriculum)
You must complete the NRP online exam within 90 days prior to the NRP Course.
If unavailable from your employer, the textbook can be purchased through Saint Thomas Health by visiting the AAP website: https://shop.aap.org/textbook-of-neonatal-resuscitation-8th-edition-paperback/
We provide the required hands-on portion and successfully pass the course after you:
- Complete the online 8th edition NRP Program.
- Demonstrate the skills required within the context of a clinical scenario in correct sequence according to the NRP flow diagram, with correct timing and proper technique.
- Participate in simulation training and debriefing exercises.
If it is necessary for you to cancel your registration for this course, your registration fee will be refunded less a $20 administration fee, provided you notify us five days prior to your scheduled class. Failure to cancel five days prior to the scheduled class will forfeit the registration fee.
If you have any questions, please contact William Eslick by emailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org.