Volunteers are a part of the personality of St. Francis and contribute to the success of our hospital and its high-quality patient care.
Become a Volunteer
To become a volunteer or learn more about the benefits of volunteering at St. Francis, call Volunteer Services at 414-647-5160.
Volunteering at Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare – St. Francis does not require special skills or expertise. Instead, we seek people with enthusiasm and a willingness to share their desire to help others. Volunteers are a part of the personality of St. Francis and contribute to the success of our hospital and its high-quality and compassionate patient care. Most volunteers give one four-hour shift per week, but we’re flexible. The minimum age requirement is 14 years old.
Types of Volunteer Activities
There are so many opportunities for you at St. Francis. We will match your skills, background and desires with the greatest area of need.
- Escort patients, deliver items, and run errands throughout the hospital
- Staff the information desk and greet patients
- Assist with various duties in a nursing unit
- Work in the hospital gift shop, which is open daily to patients, staff, and visitors
- Provide on-going clerical assistance in various departments and on special projects
- Volunteer for the Hospital Elder Life Program (HELP), a special program to provide one-on-one assistance for elderly patients
- Sort and distribute mail
- Assist in the daily distribution of communion as a specially-trained Eucharistic minister
Benefits of Volunteering at St. Francis
We appreciate and value our volunteers for their many hours of service. To extend our appreciation, we offer the following:
- Complementary meal ticket
- Discounted meals in the cafeteria
- Christmas meal
- Free, on-site flu shot
- Annual recognition luncheon
- 10% discount in the gift shop
- On-site retail pharmacy discounts
- Enrollment in on-site classes
- On-going training and volunteer in-services